• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prayer Request

Thanks again...don't know what to do.....Mrs 41 just called from her work, (she has to be there this week baring her father turning worse) saying that they just called her and said they gave him 2-3 months tops. Why would any hospital say crap like that is beyond me. But I guess they have their jobs to do too...his liver is failing, 79 yrs old.
She called me crying from work and there is nothing I can do to comfort her except be understanding on the phone. I am sure she will be high tailing it down there again as soon as she gets off...no rest for her at all.
Thank you all for the support!

Thanks again...don't know what to do.....Mrs 41 just called from her work, (she has to be there this week baring her father turning worse) saying that they just called her and said they gave him 2-3 months tops. Why would any hospital say crap like that is beyond me. But I guess they have their jobs to do too...his liver is failing, 79 yrs old.
She called me crying from work and there is nothing I can do to comfort her except be understanding on the phone. I am sure she will be high tailing it down there again as soon as she gets off...no rest for her at all.
Thank you all for the support!
It's better to know. When my mom was dying of cancer my brothers and I asked the doctor how long she had. He started to use technical terms and we stopped him and said, look man, how long, we can take it. He said maybe 30 days. We were happy he was honest.

It's better to know. When my mom was dying of cancer my brothers and I asked the doctor how long she had. He started to use technical terms and we stopped him and said, look man, how long, we can take it. He said maybe 30 days. We were happy he was honest.
This is true....it is better to know I guess. I know when that time comes to, that it's no joy to ever lose a loved one, but I look at it as it's worse to see them suffer day in and day out. If the pain is so great, there is no quality of life anyhow. I would rather be done with it really.

This is true....it is better to know I guess. I know when that time comes to, that it's no joy to ever lose a loved one, but I look at it as it's worse to see them suffer day in and day out. If the pain is so great, there is no quality of life anyhow. I would rather be done with it really.
My mom stopped fighting soon after that. She said she was ready. That helped as well.

Prayers sent sir.
Dislike that we have to state, " also a law enforcement veteran (but don't hold that one against him," but know the negativity associated with some of the LEO's that have made bad calls as of late. Either way, that's neither here nor there, but we are lifting you and your family up in thoughts and prayers. We appreciate his service anyhow!

Prayers sent sir.
Dislike that we have to state, " also a law enforcement veteran (but don't hold that one against him," but know the negativity associated with some of the LEO's that have made bad calls as of late. Either way, that's neither here nor there, but we are lifting you and your family up in thoughts and prayers. We appreciate his service anyhow!
Much obliged, and so for service too. You are correct that there are a few as of lately that've is really doing the law enforcement profession harm. I suppose that could be said as to most professions though. Jimmy told me some 10 years ago that there was no way in hell he would ever join today's sheriff force. His reasoning was that the politics that go with the offices today are insane.
He proudly served Fulton County Sheriff dept for some 40 yrs. He told me when he started they wore suits and just came in at night to get their warrants to go serve. You were issued a set of cuffs with two keys, a badge, a revolver, and was given a dry cleaning allowance. If you were lucky enough to have a car and used it you got a car allowance. He said that he tossed his .38 snub they gave him on his ankle and put his own .45 long Colt S&W on his hip. He used a Remington shotgun of his own. And his own car for 6 yrs before they issued him one.
Totally diff dept today !

Back
Top Bottom