Prayers needed for my family

I appreciate all the replies to this awful situation. I wasn't as much for me as is it was for my sister. Angie ( my sister) has been literally pulling her hair out for 5 to 6 years trying to keep up with the demands out in her. Plus the staff at the care unit just wasn't very diligent in performing their duties and my mother was falling out her bed, they weren't attempting to feed her or change her diaper. Not to mention they just let her lay there and they are suppose to put her in a wheelchair and roll her out into the common area for socializing. It was just really frustrating for her and she aged literally ten or more years dealing with mom and the staff. Just to much on her!

I am a hard man so nothing affects me anymore but I am generally concerned for my sister. Now she is trying to coordinate with the funeral home up here. Fortunately my parents purchased their plots at the same time right beside each other years ago so thank the Lord she doesn't have to deal with that. She just got a call and they are 4 hours away from picking my mother up to bring her up here. So my sister had to get clothes to them and set a date next week and call all the family and friends to inform them when and where it is. Needless to say she is still stressed out a little but she is going to dredge up some drama some how. It's just in her nature ( can you say Bi Polar ). I will be glad when this whole situation gets settled and it goes smoothly for her sake.

My sister's kids and my kids will take it hard. Especially during the service. As will some of her immediate family. However, I keep trying to tell Angie that very large part of her stress and her life is going to be over and that my mother is in a much better place now than she was here that's for sure. She absolutely no quality of life at all. It was all she could do is lay around and stay conscious so it doesn't bother me one bit to see her pass on and go to Gods Kingdom.

She was a very spiritual person her whole life. She led many souls to Jesus Christ and witness to many others over that time. I know she's up there right now smiling walking hand in hand with Jesus. You really cannot feel bad about that and that's a fact especially considering the shape she was in. Again I do appreciate all your prayers and I'm sure God heard every one of them so thank you very much.

I know we have our differences some more than others and some of you get frustrated with me horsing around on here but when people need support you guys are there and make no qualms about it and that's just something you don't have very often so I'm blessed in that area. You guys must know I would do the same for each and every one of you. You gentlemen have a wonderful day and God bless you and thanks again.

Greg

Still praying for comfort for the whole family, especially your sister.
These are trying times. May they pass easily as possible for those that have a harder time dealing than the other folks do.
You need to remind your sister that your mother is no longer suffering and is smiling down upon y’all and that everything is going to work out just fine.
This is a normal process and the reactions she is having are as well.

Still praying for comfort for the whole family, especially your sister.
These are trying times. May they pass easily as possible for those that have a harder time dealing than the other folks do.
You need to remind your sister that your mother is no longer suffering and is smiling down upon y’all and that everything is going to work out just fine.
This is a normal process and the reactions she is having are as well.
Yes I have told her that a couple of times and I do see a little bit of stress that is burdened her heavily over the last five or six years. However, there is still a little bit of residual pressure of the funeral and getting all that together as well. I just spoke with her a while ago and I think she's doing okay but she might just be putting on the front for me. But yesterday once I talked to her she was inconsolable it was just horrible. I think the fact that she wasn't there is what bothers her the most. She had been going over there spending the majority of the day by our bedside and talking with her but she was at class teaching when she passed so there was no way of getting around that. I told her to prepare herself that she might not be there when she goes but sometimes words just aren't enough you know how that is.

Yes I have told her that a couple of times and I do see a little bit of stress that is burdened her heavily over the last five or six years. However, there is still a little bit of residual pressure of the funeral and getting all that together as well. I just spoke with her a while ago and I think she's doing okay but she might just be putting on the front for me. But yesterday once I talked to her she was inconsolable it was just horrible. I think the fact that she wasn't there is what bothers her the most. She had been going over there spending the majority of the day by our bedside and talking with her but she was at class teaching when she passed so there was no way of getting around that. I told her to prepare herself that she might not be there when she goes but sometimes words just aren't enough you know how that is.
Yeah, I can understand.
I lost my mother several years back and I saw some of the same things you are describing.
I pray for the comfort for all of you . It is a trying time, even though it is natural to go through this.
You have to grieve.

Back
Top Bottom