• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prayers needed.

Charlie was my 1st trade here at ODT RIP my brother.

Charlie was my first trade on GON when I first moved to Georgia back in 2008 or 2009. The man loved to swap guns.....and chainsaws.....and trailers.......and lawnmowers......heck almost all of my lawn equipment came from trades with Charlie.

I never did get to meet Charlie in person but I remember asking his advice on something, I don't even remember what it was about. He was very nice to me and a wise man. This truly breaks my heart, my continued prayers for his family. RIP Charlie, you are a Legend and an Icon here and we're going to miss you.

Last edited:
Fellow ODT members, a real gentleman will no longer be a part of ODT. I was on my way to the hospital when Tim relayed to me the sad news of the passing of B Byrd, Charlie. To say that I am saddened, just does not convey how I truly feel. Charlie was one of the finest men I ever met. Many ODT members did not get the opportunity to meet Charlie because as he fought leukemia, Charlie had to be concerned about infections and could not attend M&Gs. Charlie loved M&Gs and really just loved to hang out with members whenever he could. Charlie was in attendance at the first M&G I ever attended, Sweetwater, under the pavilion. I introduced myself, and called Charlie, Mr. Byrd. Charlie looked at me and said, "you do realize that is not my name, don't you?". I didn't, but we had a good laugh. I could go on and on about Charlie, but I won't. My allergies get to kicking up when I think about him. So Charlie, aka Kermit, on another site, B Byrd, on ODT and Mr. Piggy, on another site, you will be missed. Prayers to Holly and the rest of Charlie's family as they try and deal with the loss of this wonderful gentleman.

Last edited:
Fellow ODT members, a real gentleman will no longer be a part of ODT. I was on my way to the hospital when Tim relayed to me the sad news of the passing of B Byrd, Charlie. To say that I am saddened, just does not convey how I truly feel. Charlie was one of the finest men I ever met. Many ODT members did not get the opportunity to meet Charlie because as he fought leukemia, Charlie had to be concerned about infections and could not attend M&Gs. Charlie loved M&Gs and really just loved to hang out with members whenever he could. Charlie was in attendance at the first M&G I ever attended, Sweetwater, under the pavilion. I introduced myself, and called Charlie, Mr. Byrd. Charlie looked at me and said, "you do realize that is not my name, don't you?". I didn't, but we had a good laugh. I could go on and on about Charlie, but I won't. My allergies get to kicking up when I think about him. So Charlie, aka Kermit, on another site, B Byrd, on ODT and Mr. Piggy, on another site, you will be missed. Prayers to Holly and the rest of Charlie's family as they try and deal with the loss of this wonderful gentleman.

Thank you Jerry.

Not sure of the circumstances but it should be understood that when we petition/pray the Father for healing it may not come as ''WE'' expect. God knows best when it's time to heal for His glory, here on earth, so that others faith may increase and also to show unbelievers His mercy and grace for His children. Then there are times when it's to give relief to the one being lifted up. The latter is harder on the ones left behind, because we can be carnal minded and have a problem turning loose, but to the one being lifted it is ''THE HEALING'' and a glorious home going. I pray, Charlie you are before the thrown basking in God's glory as you praise him with all your being for this is why you where created. Peace and comfort to the family and to all who knew and held him as a friend.

Back
Top Bottom