• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prayers needed.

Man I hate to hear this. I drove to his house a number of times for deals and they always ended up being show and tells and good conversations. He was a great guy.

Hello, everyone. I hate that this has to be my first post on the site. I am Charlie's son-in-law. timbgtm timbgtm told me I should register with a name similar to B. Byrd so people would know this is on the up-and-up, but I've been posting as detour on the internet for about 20 years now. I can't imagine using another name.

I want to thank all of you for the prayers, well wishes, and offers of help. I read through this thread last night before I went to bed and it did my heart a world of good. I haven't known him as long as others, but knew him in a different way from courting and eventually marrying his daughter (and helping with that first grandchild). Those that know him personally know that he was very reserved but once you won his trust, he would do anything for you. I consider it one of the high points in my life that he trusted me to be his daughter's partner through life. They were extremely close and he wouldn't do that lightly. I will always strive to be worthy of the respect he offered me.

We are in the midst of planning a service right now. Hopefully we'll have the details soon. And when I do, I'll post them here for anyone who is interested. We would be honored if any of you can make it to the service. He thought very highly of the people he met through ODT (as well as the old gun store). And if someone does pull together a meet in his honor, I would love to know about it so we can try to attend.

Again, thank you.

Hello, everyone. I hate that this has to be my first post on the site. I am Charlie's son-in-law. timbgtm timbgtm told me I should register with a name similar to B. Byrd so people would know this is on the up-and-up, but I've been posting as detour on the internet for about 20 years now. I can't imagine using another name.

I want to thank all of you for the prayers, well wishes, and offers of help. I read through this thread last night before I went to bed and it did my heart a world of good. I haven't known him as long as others, but knew him in a different way from courting and eventually marrying his daughter (and helping with that first grandchild). Those that know him personally know that he was very reserved but once you won his trust, he would do anything for you. I consider it one of the high points in my life that he trusted me to be his daughter's partner through life. They were extremely close and he wouldn't do that lightly. I will always strive to be worthy of the respect he offered me.

We are in the midst of planning a service right now. Hopefully we'll have the details soon. And when I do, I'll post them here for anyone who is interested. We would be honored if any of you can make it to the service. He thought very highly of the people he met through ODT (as well as the old gun store). And if someone does pull together a meet in his honor, I would love to know about it so we can try to attend.

Again, thank you.

God bless you man, please keep us posted.

Again, thank you.
He is surely smiling down on us. God speed Charlie.

Back
Top Bottom