• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

prayers needed

CQB27 CQB27 @SafeCracka 6Bones 6Bones @Mirvin 264 @BDR1 BIKER13 BIKER13 @renagadeinjun @Bushwick100 alleycat alleycat @shootsacanon @Joshua223 @geezer @shootingforfun keith089 keith089 @Gunanddoglover @RNC @dcline9163 alleycat alleycat @jhunter @boneboy96 @Bypass @MRH @The_ Brit_in_ATL @Baldilox

Dads out of surgery and in recovery - They say that part went well — They ablated six spots — He’s in a lot of pain in recovery and elevated blood pressure — Waiting now to go back and see with my own eyes — but so far so good — I am sincerely thankful for all your thoughts & prayers

Chuck
Outstanding news Chuck! I bet his blood pressure will go down when they get his pain under control. I will continue to pray through out the day and night for both of you.

All

The surgeon went in to burn 3 new spots (ended up getting 7) Dad’s always been an overachiever
Pain level managed
Blood pressure back to normal
Resting now
Should go home tomorrow

Some history here :

Dad was diagnosed stage 4 liver cancer about 5 years ago - 1 scalpel surgery and 4 ablation surgeries with regular monthly chemo shots later he’s still fighting it (By all known medical science and estimations he should not be here now) His quality of life is great except for a week each and every month following the shots where he ain’t so good . As time passes I do realize you can only beat the odds for so long. I’m not scared of much on this earth but that fear is at the top of a very short list for me.
Not counting the Lord - The man is in sole possession of being involved in the guidance of my entire life to this point. No one else can make that claim. He is my Father and my best friend. - He is my mentor and Hero - Not sure how to do it without him. I will no doubt be in a very bad place when that time inevitably comes

I so appreciate the outpouring of prayers and concern from my ODT community without even knowing the specifics - It was enough to know that I needed prayers & it was a done deal -

Thanks Fellas

Chuck

Update 2/2/19

They did an MRI 5 months ago and found three spots

A month or so later they went in and ablated them and that was the point of this post at that time

I truly appreciate all the prayers at that time

On a follow up visit since they found some odd bloodwork and he had another MRI scheduled for where found 15 this time

15 that weren’t big enough for the MRI to pick up five months ago

Too many to cut out or burn

Dad goes into the hospital on 6 February for mapping and then will go back on the 21st where they put in radioactive pellets

If you have any extra prayers laying round please throw them my fathers way

Back
Top Bottom