• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prayers requested

Getting blood transfusion today to increase hemoglobin

Doc says still going to require surgery to repair pancreas and remove parts of it and possibly remove spleen and gall bladder at a later date after inflammation goes away

Think Prilosec heartburn medicine caused all this

So if you have any Prilosec , consider tossing it in the trash

My brother just got admitted to the hospital with pancreatitis

He's been to the urgent care and ER a couple times in the past few weeks with abdominal pain
Docs Thought it was an ulcer or some kidney infection

He's never had any problem with this before
So in uncharted territory

We'd appreciate your prayers

Edited :

Just had CT scan or MRI or something , docs said his pancreas is leaking , and doc is trying to get him transferred to larger hospital

He just turned 50 a few weeks ago
Never been to hospital before for illness , just for broken arm when he was a kid .

Update 12-11-17

Chris is back in hospital in ICU
Docs think he may be bleeding from pancreas or spleen

They can't tell
They trying to decide if surgery is best thing to do

Update 12-17
Chris has been moved into ICU again
Think he has a blood clot in his spleen and pneumonia
PRAYERS SENT,GET WELL SOON

Thanks for praying and keep em coming !

He was moved from ICU to a regular room
And feels a lot better than he has in about a month

Probably not going home any time soon but he is able to stand up
And walk to the bathroom

Thanks for praying and keep em coming !

He was moved from ICU to a regular room
And feels a lot better than he has in about a month

Probably not going home any time soon but he is able to stand up
And walk to the bathroom
Fantastic! Hope he heals soon and is back to speed.

That’s for the prayers !
Keep em coming

He was released from the hospital yesterday.

He’s still in some pain and has three drains in his abdomen, and will have to have surgery in a few weeks to remove the dead tissue from his pancreas

I do have a couple of specific prayer requests

He’s depressed , I’m sure part of it is getting off all the pain killers , he was on a lot of morphine and fentnyl etc

Has to use a walker to move around since he’s lost so much muscle laying in bed for seven weeks

He’s sad and now worrying about their financial situation
He is an independent contractor kind of in sales

He has worked with the same company for 11 years and is their top producer and they’ve told him several times that his position is waiting for him when he is able to work
But. He’s lost three months pay .
And his wife is also an IC physical therapist, so she’s lost a lot too

They both make pretty good and have very little debt other than their house , cars are paid for etc , and have some $$ in savings so I think they will be ok, but he’s still stressing out about it , so I’d like to ask for prayers of peace for him to not worry about it ,

One praise is that they have Fantastic neighbors that have really stepped up to take care of their animals and yard while both of them have been at the hospital all this time

And I’m glad they didn’t cancel their health insurance , they talked about canceling it last year when the monthly premiums went up to MORE than their house payment

Glad I saw this. I’ll be praying for your brother and his/your family. Power of prayer is strong my friend and I’m happy to hear where he is at as of now. God keep you and your family healthy and safe.

Back
Top Bottom