• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pretty sure this has been discussed before…

lostchild

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Protector of the 100 acre wood
68   0
Reaction score
…but just saw another dreaded “back in the safe” threat.
Has that ever worked? I mean you’re thinking … yes… no .. maybe.. on a purchase, then you see the possibility of that gat being snatched back to anonymity to reside in a dark, dusty safe for the foreseeable future? Then you crack open your wallet to rescue it?
I usually just laugh and move on, figuring those guys also “know what I’ve got” in that “rare, hard to find”, “LNIB” iteration of the gunmaker’s art, and aren’t willing to negotiate.
What say the great unwashed ODT?

Go ahead! Put it back in the safe! keep it! I saw something I liked and sent a PM with my name & phone number. I guess he didn’t really want to sell it because he couldn’t be bothered to call me. 2 Months later he was still resisting it.

We see all kinds of crazy shht here on ODT. The same guy selling the same winch. It’s been listed continuously since may of 2021! Either drop the price of put it on craigslist. You would think at some point they might figure out that nobody is buying.

Other guys will list an oddball number of rounds (like 35 Rounds? I guess they didn’t include them with the gun when they sold it) Now they apparently need the $20 for gas and expect someone to drive 2 hours each way to meet.

I finally started blocking the members who list the same BS broken sunglasses over and over.

nobody cares.jpg

Go ahead! Put it back in the safe! keep it! I saw something I liked and sent a PM with my name & phone number. I guess he didn’t really want to sell it because he couldn’t be bothered to call me. 2 Months later he was still resisting it.

We see all kinds of crazy shht here on ODT. The same guy selling the same winch. It’s been listed continuously since may of 2021! Either drop the price of put it on craigslist. You would think at some point they might figure out that nobody is buying.

Other guys will list an oddball number of rounds (like 35 Rounds? I guess they didn’t include them with the gun when they sold it) Now they apparently need the $20 for gas and expect someone to drive 2 hours each way to meet.

I finally started blocking the members who list the same BS broken sunglasses over and over.
U can but that ragged out winch new for like $60 more buks... :brick:

I had a pistol for sale guy sent me a message saying that he liked the setup and he had “the cash” to buy it wanted to know when we could meet I sent him a message back telling him that I would meet him the next day never heard anything else from him. That was almost 2 weeks ago. I don’t get it. Anyway I sold the gun to another member 2 days later. I try to be a man of my word but it’s frustrating to deal with people like that but the member that bought it was great you just have to overlook some bad to get to the good.

…but just saw another dreaded “back in the safe” threat.
Has that ever worked? I mean you’re thinking … yes… no .. maybe.. on a purchase, then you see the possibility of that gat being snatched back to anonymity to reside in a dark, dusty safe for the foreseeable future? Then you crack open your wallet to rescue it?
I usually just laugh and move on, figuring those guys also “know what I’ve got” in that “rare, hard to find”, “LNIB” iteration of the gunmaker’s art, and aren’t willing to negotiate.
What say the great unwashed ODT?

Well, yes and no. There was a firearm offered here that I would have purchased except I'd just blown a wad of cash on a very nice Garand. I had the money for the purchase, but I couldn't quite convince myself I should buy it, so I forgot it.

About a month later, it came up for sale again, and I totally missed it. I had the money this time, but hey, I didn't know it was up for sale again. And then a buddy told me about it about a week after it had been taken down again.

Very briefly, I thought about reaching out to the seller and saying "Dude, I saw you took it back down, but would you like to sell it for $xxxx?"

And then I thought - "What would Biker13 do? Doesn't that sound like begging? Yeah. I ain't gonna beg." and left it as that.

FWIW, I haven't sold anything on here yet, but what you won't see me saying is that what I'm selling is "Rare". I have some unusual and a few hard to find items, but there's very little in the firearm world that is genuinely, truly rare.

Fully functioning, reliable Butler Creek 10/22 mags, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom