• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prevent rust on reloading equipment.

I had to replace my .223 die set that is my kit that sits in my press 99% of the time because rust/corrosion set in on the neck sizer portion and really messed with my seating/tensions. I went crazy trying to figure out why my trimmer was trimming unevenly and after a few very frustrating and angry days of trying to tune equipment I realized all my brass had asymmetrically sized necks.
I keep all my sensitive stuff like that in a foot locker with my 3d printing stuff that has humidity sensors and desiccant to try and keep the crud at bay now.
Especially during summer out in the swamps where I love it gets so hot and humid I basically can't reload because I either have the fans in my shop messing with the scales or I get so sweating in dead air that's pushing 40C that I wind up sweating on my workspace.

I reload in my 24'x30' shop that is not completely insulated that the presses and other tools would constantly rust. I removed the rust and lubed everything up. it finally stopped when I installed a window unit that has a dehumidify function and leaving it on auto. If you have a window in your garage, that would be a $150 fix.

My powder and primer stays in my house closet until I'm actually reloading.

Back
Top Bottom