• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Probably a dumb question.....any recurring knee injury advice?

Every 2-3 years is not too bad and you may find a stabilizing brace useful. Which way is it dislocating? Is it a patella dislocation? Knee surgery sucks.

66472_1294330617807_4260197_n.jpg

In 2007 I tore my ACL, MCL, medial meniscus and slightly fractured my femur. I still haven't had surgery but I'm able to remain active and only on occasion will it gets tweaked.

Did the dr say you only have damage at the meniscus? You probably have some ligament damage because just the meniscus wouldn't cause your knee to "dislocate". I say that because your knee isn't really dislocating, more than likely your meniscus is getting caught between the femur and tibia because its torn or you have some ligament damage thats causing your femur and tibia to shift, not track, when your foot is coming down, this is what happens to me. To illustrate sometimes when I jump, come down the steps or run and as my foot comes down my leg isn't in good alignment like this | its more like this ', (imagine that comma is straight up and down but not inline). Thats because I have a laxed MCL and no ACL to keep the knee tracking like it should.

I would go to a fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon and let them scope your knee. They will likely do a meniscectomy which is trimming of the meniscus, very rarely have I see a meniscus repair, they might also do a chrondroplasty for any damage cartilage.

What are you doing exactly when you injury the knee?

Back
Top Bottom