• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Problem Beaver hunting advice (4 legged flat tail kind!)

JustAmused

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
61   0
Reaction score
I'm serious on this, not looking for jokes or smart a$$ comments (unless there good ones). Sometime over the summer a beaver moved into the our pond and we have been trying to get rid of him since he cut down the first tree. We tear up his house each time he starts building one. We have only seen him a couple times and it was just after dark but didn't have a gun with us. He has cut down alot of trees around the pond. Many of the small ones are gone and he's working on chewing up big trees 10 inch diameter or so. There's a couple more ponds downstream from us on property we can't shoot on and I think he also is on at least one of these. I have never hunted the 4 legged kind and about all I know is there supposed to be most active a dawn and dusk and have poor eyesight above water. On our 2 acre pond he doesn't work regular shifts at these times or he would have long been dead by now. Any of you have any advice on shooting these things or should I just give up on this idea and go to traps?

there is an episode of Duck Dynasty that addresses this issue.

Since they come out at night... they are often sleeping in their beaver home during the day... If I remember correctly, Uncle Si and Phil used a flamethrower of sorts to burn the beaver house up. Beaver swims out and then Willie and crew open up with an assortment of hipacitiy .22 lr and handguns.

Be the Beaver Commander... and call me if you want help. This sounds fun

there is an episode of Duck Dynasty that addresses this issue.

Since they come out at night... they are often sleeping in their beaver home during the day... If I remember correctly, Uncle Si and Phil used a flamethrower of sorts to burn the beaver house up. Beaver swims out and then Willie and crew open up with an assortment of hipacitiy .22 lr and handguns.

Be the Beaver Commander... and call me if you want help. This sounds fun

That's what I was gonna say, use homemade Napalm and burn the bastard out. when he comes runnin out, shoot his hind parts.

we used to lay out on a bank at night with a couple people. 2 spot lights and 2 rifles. when we heard him chewing or swimming we would hit the lights and pop em. not sure how legal that is....but it works

Back
Top Bottom