• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Problems changing rotors and pads on Lincoln Versailles rear disc conversion

It’s been years since I messed with these, but, I believe the rotors were directional too. If they are vented rotors they should be, might make a difference from left to right. Looking at your pixs, it still needs to go in 1/4 inch.

Looking at this pix the little lever that sticks up is for the e-brake. If it was removed you still have the bolt an ratchet assembly built into the caliber. These were removed most of the time on axle swaps, but the adjuster still should work and you should be able to drive it in with the wrench. If not loosening the bold and backing off should work also, then drive the piston back in. The piston needs to be off the adjuster( extended about 1/2 inch). Hope this helps.
AEBEA274-B32A-485A-A0A8-8E36BDA13C5E.jpeg

It’s been years since I messed with these, but, I believe the rotors were directional too. If they are vented rotors they should be, might make a difference from left to right. Looking at your pixs, it still needs to go in 1/4 inch.

Your memory has not failed you as these rotors are directional and labeled "left" and "right". That reminds me, I need to make sure they go one correctly (thanks). Same width for both however.

Looking at this pix the little lever that sticks up is for the e-brake. If it was removed you still have the bolt an ratchet assembly built into the caliber. These were removed most of the time on axle swaps, but the adjuster still should work and you should be able to drive it in with the wrench. If not loosening the bolt and backing off should work also, then drive the piston back in. The piston needs to be off the adjuster( extended about 1/2 inch). Hope this helps.
View attachment 2023769

Here is my existing caliper. My axles are aftermarket Strange Engineering axles with the stock caliper bracket mounted to the axle.

49621901_578280372618315_6814963653834440704_n.jpg
passenger axle rear with caliper flange.jpg

Back
Top Bottom