• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PROFILING!! ...er, maybe not how YOU think.

Just another remark that is not made with any knowledge. (Not an insult)
The belts and vest ride into uncomfortable positions while riding in a vehicle. When you get out most humans would adjust the whole rig as you saw in the video. Pretty much turns into a habit after a short while. So much so that even when in regular clothing you tend to do it. Right at two years out now and I still adjust my belt when exiting the car.
It takes concious effort not to do it too much and draw attention to my CC. Although the all the TShirts have something to do with the 2nd. LOL

No, I do know that belt is heavy as ****, and I do understand why he was adjusting it. But most civilians don't and the perception is in the eye of the beholder. I was more thinking maybe they didn't both need to get out of the car. The act of having both LEOs coming towards you and waving you back can be intimidating for people that are law abiding, and she clearly was unraveled. It's not the officers' fault for that perception. I'm just suggesting that if they had been more sensitive to that, maybe she would not have made racial profiling accusations? Maybe she would anyways, but we'll never know now.

The officers both approached (or the reason there were two to begin with) is that one was a new officer and the other a TO.

You mentioned earlier that the state of the world is sad regarding LE and public perception. I think this thread is of an example of why and why officers have to use CYA so often. With sincere respect to you, the finer points of the incident have had to be tapped like tack hammer to the skull here. People want to point out and change the world, but can't objectively review a pretty simple incident without succumbing to all their preconception and bias while trying to justify themselves to the bitter end.

Hey, I can be guilt of it too, I guess.:rolleyes:

You are somewhat disillusioned. The general public demands that every encounter is documented. Part of that documentation is the name of the people they encounter.

The day of officer friendly's quite admonition is over. You make a undocumented suggestion then the whole thing would have blown up the way the professor intended.

Is it stupid? Yes. Is it the reality of life today? Hell Yeah!

Part (not the major reason) of the reason I went back to driving a truck.

I don't blame you. Lavonia and Hartwell were getting fun when I moved away a few years ago, especially Hartwell.

Back
Top Bottom