• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Projectile sources

Cobalt 60

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
119   0
Reaction score
I have been using Xtreme bullets for a while now. Price, quality and shipping are right. Looked at Bayou Bullets, which are coated, cast bullets, but once you add their shipping cost, they are actually pricier than Xtreme's plated bullets.

Where do you guys get yours? Specifically talking about plated or coated pistol projectiles.

I don't shoot plated bullets. I'll shoot cast at the same velocity. GA. Arms has really nice looking cast bullets sized and lubed. Missouri Bullets are a bit rougher but shoot fine. If I want to push the velocity I go to a copper jacketed bullet at quite a bit more cost but a plated bullet can't keep up.

For copper either Delta precision or Zero have been my go to for jacketed bullets for high velocity.

I'd shoot plated if it was as cheap as lead cast but it isn't (yet) and my loading data is the same for both. Same results.

I don't shoot plated bullets. I'll shoot cast at the same velocity. GA. Arms has really nice looking cast bullets sized and lubed. Missouri Bullets are a bit rougher but shoot fine. If I want to push the velocity I go to a copper jacketed bullet at quite a bit more cost but a plated bullet can't keep up.

For copper either Delta precision or Zero have been my go to for jacketed bullets for high velocity.

I'd shoot plated if it was as cheap as lead cast but it isn't (yet) and my loading data is the same for both. Same results.

I do a fair amount of indoor shooting and hate all the smoke!

I do a fair amount of indoor shooting and hate all the smoke!

Yep, that can be an issue. I shoot outdoors and the smoke (lube) doesn't do anything other than add to the effect. If shooting suppressed it does lower the decibel level but makes a dirty suppressor and not a bullet for a suppressor that can't broken down.

Outdoors you should be good to go. Indoors will access the ventilation system of an indoor range.

I was originally using both Berrys and Raniers plated projectiles for practice.
I changed to Extreme about a year ago and have been very pleased with them.
they always have projectiles in stock, they often run specials like free shipping, they make a very good product.
a couple of my calibers are 38 super and 10 MM and so I push them in the 1300-1400 FPS range with no problems.
I just plain do not shoot lead projectiles.
plated isn't than much more and don't have the lube smoke problem or leading of the barrels, but to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom