• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Proposed Shooting Facility Support Rome, GA

cowboyweeks81

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
69   0
Reaction score
Just wanted to post this here. Sharp Shooters USA is proposing to build a 257 acre shooting facility in Rome, GA. The link below has more details if you want to add your name to support them.

https://ssusa.co/outdoor/

UPDATE FROM EMAIL 1

"Thank you again for signing on to show your support of our proposed outdoor shooting experience in Floyd County. We really appreciate you!

I'm writing here to give you a simple update, and offer a few ways that you can help spread support for the project.

First, the update - our original public hearing before the Floyd County Planning Commission got moved to Thursday, July 7, at 2:30PM. At that time, we will have 10 minutes to present our proposal to the Planning Commission, after which they will vote. The Planning Commission has already recommended that the rezoning application be approved. That's the easy part. What we need to get approved is the "Special Use Permit" (SUP) in order to operate a shooting range on the property.

Can you help? The simple answer to that is YES! Of course you can help. If you want to see this project come to life, here are a couple of things you can do to show your support.
Attend the Planning Commission hearing Thursday, July 7, at 2:30PM and voice your support
Share this link (copy and paste https://ssusa.co/outdoor/) on your favorite social media account. Facebook seems to be working the best right now. When you share it on Facebook, tag SharpShooters USA so we can join in on the conversation and answer specific questions your friends, neighbors, and family might have.

Thank you again for your voice of support. The opposition to this project have made it clear that they like the project, but they just don't want it near them. When we visited a few gun stores around Rome, the nice folks at these stores were very positive and supportive of our outdoor range, but the opposition had filled them full of really bad information. Here's a few of the wild and wacky things they said we were going to do:
Build a resort, like Barnsley. Not gonna happen. I love golf, but this is a shooting range.

Build a big hotel. No idea where that came from. Nope. Not gonna happen.
No, we run a large, clean, well lighted indoor range in Roswell, and we intend to build a beautiful, clean outdoor range in Coosa. I hope you'll help us spread the word about how great it could be.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or just want to chat about what we're thinking, feel free to email me at kevin@ssusa.co or call me on my cell at (404) 229-3030.

Thanks
Kevin
Owner & President
SharpShooters USA
ssusa.co"

EMAIL UPDATE 2

"Thank you for your early support for our efforts to bring a world class outdoor shooting experience to Floyd County. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen, at least not on the property on Huffaker Road.

I have repeatedly told our employees and members here that "any one of 100 things could sink this deal." In the end, one of the many moving parts in the deal was its death knell. I'm not at liberty to go into the legal details here, but suffice it to say that we have withdrawn our offer on the property and our proposal with Floyd County to build an amazing outdoor shooting facility on Huffaker Road.

We absolutely continue to look for a suitable home for our outdoor vision. It could still be in Floyd County, who has warmly welcomed us, but we will continue to look at properties all over north Georgia.

Thank you again for your support. I'm sorry I don't have better news.

Best,
Kevin
"

I see where Creekside closed because of the neighbors complaining. 257 acres doesn't sound like a very large property for a gun range, I hope the neighbors for this range will be easier to live with.

Coosa-Site-Plan-May-2022.png

Good luck to them!

Back
Top Bottom