• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Proud Dad here (again)

ShawnZR-1

Default rank <3000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
37   0
Reaction score
Just have to brag a bit about my son... it's hard to hold back! LOL
Connor entered High School this year and joined the Air Force JrROTC. They have a 10M Air Rifle team (two divisions: Sporter and Precision). He set his goal on making the Sporter team to start with (kind of the entry level). Well, he made the team (only freshman to make it) and had a pretty successful season.
Not being one to rest on success, he set another goal: Make the Precision team. There was only 1 slot available. He had to not only finish at the top of the Sporter but had to qualify with a score of 251 (out of 300) to take the spot.

Yeah, you guessed it, he freakin' made it! The only freshman to make the Precision team in over 8 years! He's now #4 out of 6 and the other members have already been shooting for 3 or 4 years (juniors and seniors)! Am I proud? Oh, you betcha!

Here's a few pics of him shooting this past weekend:

Connor's the one in the middle:
walshsouth.com_forum_connorshooting1.jpg

On the left:
walshsouth.com_forum_connorshooting2.jpg

walshsouth.com_forum_connorshooting3.jpg

Oh, a couple more things: he achieved his two highest scores this past weekend, 267 and 272! You shoot 3 positions, prone, standing and kneeling, each with a possible 100 (so 300 total), 10 shots each.
He has to tote in almost $4000 worth of gear, luckily the gear is already paid for through fund raising!

Great job dad and Connor!

Does the school provide the coaching?

Absolutely AWESOME! We may see him on the Olympic team one day!

Most people have no idea how accurate those guns are, I know I didn't, until I had to sight a few in.
Then I was shooting .22 LR brass off a plank at 30'.
Was silly, 4 grown men, laughing like boys, those guns are amazing.

Will definitely build strong marksmanship skills that will last a lifetime!
Good for ya'll!

Great job dad and Connor!

Does the school provide the coaching?

Absolutely AWESOME! We may see him on the Olympic team one day!

Yes, the school provides the coaching and gear. That's another thing, Connor did everything on his own, there was no help from me (that's a good thing!). Makes me even prouder of him!!

Back
Top Bottom