• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Providing info to a ODT buyer?

From what I understand, the police will not run a number unless they have said item in their possession.

Probably innocent enough but I wouldn't give it out. Not to someone I didn't know.

Gwinnett police will run a serial number if you call them. I was making a purchase off Armslist, several years ago, and called Gwinnett before I left the QT parking lot. I had the sellers phone and tag #. The guy was a real squirrel and I had a uneasy feeling. Turns out all was good, just a nut case. They will ask a few basic questions like your name, address, phone #.
Personally I would never ask for a serial # or give one.

If I ask you for a serial number or partial serial number it's because I want to check some feature of the gun.

I know it's hard to believe but not all guns for sale on ODT are exactly as advertised.

If you are uncomfortable supplying that basic information, then I'm comfortable moving on because another one will come up sooner or later.

If I ask you for a serial number or partial serial number it's because I want to check some feature of the gun.

I know it's hard to believe but not all guns for sale on ODT are exactly as advertised.

If you are uncomfortable supplying that basic information, then I'm comfortable moving on because another one will come up sooner or later.
In my case it was a 10 month old "no other existed before" pistol... so....

Back
Top Bottom