Ps4 vs xbox one

Deaken

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
I'm not a hardcore gamer more less just get on when I have a moment to spare and just feel like having some online fun. So that being said don't really know much of the new systems. I watched some videos online about them but me being the redneck I am didn't understand the technical terms they were using to describe the latest and greatest features of them. So could someone please explain to me in layman's terms which one is better and why?

im going with the PS4

xbox is just shooting themselves in the foot with this new platform

they are trying to bring cloud computing to the next level, but want to charge folks for it, which erases any incentive to begin with

microsoft can suck it, im a huge xbox fan and have the 360, but wont get the xbox1 ever

yes I have a xbox 360 and I preferred over the ps3 but I also heard that both platforms are going to charge 5 bucks a month to get online, anyone else hear that?

while I believe the xbox will give you way more features and capabilities... they are introducing some rather ****ty security measures. Xbox live is still a paid service. That sucks but is nothing new.

They keep throwing up this title tracking thing where a game played on your console will not work on any other console. That kills used games, gamefly, red box, etc. Not sure how they will implement this, but it is a big negative for me.

When I sit down to play a game, I am dedicated. I burn through them very quickly and typically do not play through more than once.

This means I pay $60.00 for a game, play through in 4-6 hours and now I cant trade it in or loan it to a friend.

This also means if I buy a ****ty game (since I can rent to try first) then I am stuck with a ****ty game and lost money.

while I believe the xbox will give you way more features and capabilities... they are introducing some rather ****ty security measures. Xbox live is still a paid service. That sucks but is nothing new.

They keep throwing up this title tracking thing where a game played on your console will not work on any other console. That kills used games, gamefly, red box, etc. Not sure how they will implement this, but it is a big negative for me.

When I sit down to play a game, I am dedicated. I burn through them very quickly and typically do not play through more than once.

This means I pay $60.00 for a game, play through in 4-6 hours and now I cant trade it in or loan it to a friend.

This also means if I buy a ****ty game (since I can rent to try first) then I am stuck with a ****ty game and lost money.

This is pretty much the model Apple has been using for a long time. Software is tied to Apple user accounts instead of a specific machine. So if you buy something like iLife or Final Cut, you can install it on another machine that you own. If you sell or give someone your old laptop/PC the software remains, but cannot be updated or reinstalled if the machine is wiped unless your Apple account is is supplied.

I can't see this model working for video games for exactly the reasons you described, though. I have to imagine Microsoft would think that this will have SERIOUS repercussions. Can you imagine the Facebook and Twitter frenzy? Then Sony capitalizing on it as well? If Microsoft has the audacity to implement this model, the XBOX 1 is doomed as a gaming machine, although I think it will still do well with casual gamers.

Back
Top Bottom