• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

PSA Bolt Carrier Groups - $75+$4 GA Tax +8.50 Shipping

I believe they may eventually open a store front/warehouse here somewhere in Ga. On ar15.com, PSA alluded to that.

If they do that then it's legit, but they really shouldn't be charging sales tax until they actually do have a business presence in GA.

Adding 4% cost is no different than not wanting to pay 1 cent more per round of 22 . Damn Im all about a deal but there is a fine line when you are just being to damn cheap . Don't buy , don't shoot and you will save a ton of money

As soon as they open a LLC in Ga, they are bound by law to charge tax on all state purchases, and pay state income tax. I am not sticking up for them by any means.

Adding 4% cost is no different than not wanting to pay 1 cent more per round of 22 . Damn Im all about a deal but there is a fine line when you are just being to damn cheap . Don't buy , don't shoot and you will save a ton of money

As I mentioned above... it's not the extra $15 on a rifle kit. It's the idea that they would agree to it in the first place. This is GA being greedy and them being accomplices by allowing them to succeed.

Last edited:
As soon as they open a LLC in Ga, they are bound by law to charge tax on all state purchases, and pay state income tax. I am not sticking up for them by any means.

The LLC was listed as foreign though, so PSA isn't registered as a GA entity, just their agent here in GA. I think the explanations above were correct. This was done just so they pay the GA sales tax, not that they were getting taxed because of the LLC registration.

Don't know if that makes sense or not... I'm a geek not a lawyer.

It's not just the 4% added cost. It's the list of BS we've put up with from them. The extra 4% is enough for me to say "enough is enough."

There is a whole bunch of stupid in this discussion.

I wonder how many of you complaining about the tax have had interactions with the GA DoR? Have you ever collected sales tax? Have you ever ran a retail or online retail business? I would guess the answer is just shy of zero.

If you think PSA chose to collect tax because they wanted to, you are retarded. If you think they "snuck it in", you are retarded. If you think they give a flying fluck if you don't buy from them for whatever reason, you are retarded.

More tax is coming. Get ready. You can shop from online retailer to retailer trying to find a way to dodge it, but very soon they will all collect tax from you.

I guess I actually stopped buying from them when I had a problem with a bolt carrier a while back and it took 3 months to get it resolved by putting a new gas key on. I hope this thread dissuades some others from dealing with them.

Back
Top Bottom