• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA for GA Hunters: If you kill a deer, call your processor before you go

batoncolle

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
35   0
Reaction score
I just picked up my deer tonight, and my processor said they are not taking anymore until probably Friday. They are slam full, and he said he's been taking calls from other processors as well as calling them, and most if not all are full as well.

The processor I use is one of the larger ones in the area, and they have been averaging around 80 deer per day.

And for those of you in Rio Linda, Middle GA is Macon, Warner Robins, Perry, etc area. But he said he was calling over in Dooly County, and they were full as well.

Edited the title from Middle GA to all of GA since there are several reports of processors not taking in any new deer around the state.

I just picked up my deer tonight, and my processor said they are not taking anymore until probably Friday. They are slam full, and he said he's been taking calls from other processors as well as calling them, and most if not all are full as well.

The processor I use is one of the larger ones in the area, and they have been averaging around 80 deer per day.

And for those of you in Rio Linda, Middle GA is Macon, Warner Robins, Perry, etc area. But he said he was calling over in Dooly County, and they were full as well.

Nice Rio Linda reference.

Monticello processor. brian does one at a time and you get your deer back. He will not mix everyones meat together to make batches of sausage. Only family works for him. Really good guy. He was full opening Doe with 273 deer. Dropped one off Friday and was ok.

Back
Top Bottom