• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA- vapors from ammo spam cans

alleycat

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Cosmoline Junkie
905   0
Reaction score
I'm still battling an incurable case of 54r syndrome. Thought i'd be cured with having so many fine examples, but i keep getting sucked in. It is theorized that the disease is caused by over-exposure to surplus ammo fumes from freshly open factory 188 spam cans

I'm telling you guys.....mosins are gateway guns. At first you think "what's one time gonna hurt?" and the next thing you know you're selling your snap-on tool chest to buy a PSL. Only too late do you realize that the PSL and other AK variants open the door to a much more intense addiction such as SVT-40s and (gasp!) the SVD Dragunov.

Run away while there's still hope........

Last edited:
maybe one day ill get lucky and someone will sell me a svt-40 at an sks price point, only way ill ever own a 54r gun lol. I just cant do a mosin lol. being a lefty, I spoiled myself by actually getting a left handed bolt gun. now I will never own another right handed bolt action again haha!!

maybe one day ill get lucky and someone will sell me a svt-40 at an sks price point, only way ill ever own a 54r gun lol. I just cant do a mosin lol. being a lefty, I spoiled myself by actually getting a left handed bolt gun. now I will never own another right handed bolt action again haha!!

I shoot left handed also. Have gotten so used to shooting left handed with rightv handed guns that if i ever got my hands on a leftie i probably couldnt shoot it...lol. Cant do anything with a bull pup though.......

I shoot left handed also. Have gotten so used to shooting left handed with rightv handed guns that if i ever got my hands on a leftie i probably couldnt shoot it...lol. Cant do anything with a bull pup though.......

well don't ever get one then lol. once you get used to working the lefty bolt as a lefty, you will never ever want a right handed bolt gun again lol. feels soooooo much better once you get used to it.

I'm still battling an incurable case of 54r syndrome. Thought i'd be cured with having so many fine examples, but i keep getting sucked in. It is theorized that the disease is caused by over-exposure to surplus ammo fumes from freshly open factory 188 spam cans

I'm telling you guys.....mosins are gateway guns. At first you think "what's one time gonna hurt?" and the next thing you know you're selling your snap-on tool chest to buy a PSL. Only too late do you realize that the PSL and other AK variants open the door to a much more intense addiction such as SVT-40s and (gasp!) the SVD Dragunov.

Run away while there's still hope........

I do believe you are correct. I picked up an m44 yesterday, haven't even gotten to shoot it yet, but just handling the rounds makes me want something chambered in 54r,semi auto.

Back
Top Bottom