• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Public input meetings for 2019-2021 hunting regulations

So you have to register beforehand as well as let them know you want to present data or make a statement. How the hell are you supposed to do that without any prior knowledge of what is to be discussed/proposed?

Ok I spoke with them. No pre set big items of concern this year.
1) Feds are likely going to allow waterfowl season to end at the end of January. Georgia will likely follow suit. This does NOT mean more days to hunt, just that the season will end later (they use splits, like for doves).
2) Consideration for reducing the number of doe days in the Chattahochee Natl Forrest .

So you have to register beforehand as well as let them know you want to present data or make a statement. How the hell are you supposed to do that without any prior knowledge of what is to be discussed/proposed?
No you do not have to pre register. Just show up and there's normally a sign up sheet to speak. The ones I've been to are lightly attended. They DO take notes on everyone's comments. So they hear you. Whether they LISTEN is up to you to determine (yes I've been frustrated with a few things).

They need to lower the amount of does allowed to take. No I don't have a problem seeing does but seriously 10 does a season is a lot, also there should be a point count on one side like many of the qdma counties. Just my opinion though. Oh and do away with baiting. Just my opinion though...

They need to lower the amount of does allowed to take. No I don't have a problem seeing does but seriously 10 does a season is a lot, also there should be a point count on one side like many of the qdma counties. Just my opinion though. Oh and do away with baiting. Just my opinion though...
I agree but they will swear up and down that the limit has zero effect on the number taken and limiting days is more effective.
I saw B.S. but I'm not typing out my many objections to the lunacy of "doe days" again.... it just makes me mad.

I agree but they will swear up and down that the limit has zero effect on the number taken and limiting days is more effective.
I saw B.S. but I'm not typing out my many objections to the lunacy of "doe days" again.... it just makes me mad.

Agreed.
I’m just curious how the northern zone baiting has affected the deer population.
I will say that the big herd of 12-15 that has been solid for the last three years in my neighborhood is now down to 4.
My back property consists of an orphaned doe and a small loner buck.
There are a few stragglers but nothing like years in the past where several herds came through often.
Also my good forest spots have been pretty dead all season.

I am still catching bears on camera though.

Back
Top Bottom