• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Push mower maintenance question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethanol gas doesn't deteriorate, it is hygroscopic, in other words, it attracts water

This is correct, but gas with 10% ethanol does still deteriorate. Sta-Bil will help keep it from deteriorating. Gas left in the lines without being treated can gel making it impossible to flow to the carb, and it can clog up the jets in the carb too.

This is correct, but gas with 10% ethanol does still deteriorate. Sta-Bil will help keep it from deteriorating. Gas left in the lines without being treated can gel making it impossible to flow to the carb, and it can clog up the jets in the carb too.

But if I find this true gas, it will not go bad? Should I just mix the gas with Sta-Bil in the container?

I installed a shutoff valve in my fuel line. I turn it off each time I finish cutting; and let it run until all the fuel is burned from the carb bowl. Most carbs contain synthetic materials (plastic) and will react to alcohol if allowed to sit. The cutoff valve and clamps was less than five bucks; so it was pretty cheap insurance.

Just don't forget that you have installed the valve. I almost wore my arm out pulling the rope the first
spring after it sat through the winter season. :D

I installed a shutoff valve in my fuel line. I turn it off each time I finish cutting; and let it run until all the fuel is burned from the carb bowl. Most carbs contain synthetic materials (plastic) and will react to alcohol if allowed to sit. The cutoff valve and clamps was less than five bucks; so it was pretty cheap insurance.

Just don't forget that you have installed the valve. I almost wore my arm out pulling the rope the first
spring after it sat through the winter season. :D

That is hilarious!! Where did you pick that up?

That is hilarious!! Where did you pick that up?

I got mine at an outdoor/garden equipment place. I think you can also find them at most auto parts stores. They are a pretty common item. I believe 1/4" is the most common size for fuel lines on most lawn equipment.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/MaxPower-1-4-in-in-line-fuel-shut-off-valve-fits-Briggs-Stratton-engines-and-others-for-use-with-MaxPower-334288-fuel-line/_/N-256q?itemIdentifier=209292_0_0_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom