• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Q/A Buying and selling

Not all dealers keep there books the way they are supposed to. FFLs should have complete ID info on any gun added to the book. In and out. Violations will lead to the loss of your ffl

Not all dealers keep there books the way they are supposed to. FFLs should have complete ID info on any gun added to the book. In and out. Violations will lead to the loss of your ffl

Sounds like a silly game to be playing to make $50-100 bucks... I've been through ATF audits at my cousins place down south, NOOOOOOOOOOO FUN!

Have seen dealers do this at gun shows before. Pay cash for the gun, put it aside, nothing exchanged. Probably going into their personal collections or something but I dunno. Not my place to be nosy.

One in particular last year in Columbus. Guy was walking around with an SKS for sale. College student. Had I seen it first I would have bought it, ended up selling it to this guy for $270. Was sporterized but with one of those expensive wood Monte Carlo stocks. 10 minutes later saw the guy who bought it selling it to a dealer, with the kid just looking on in disappointment. Dealer took the gun, gave the guy money, and put it in a bag under his table.

Have seen dealers do this at gun shows before. Pay cash for the gun, put it aside, nothing exchanged. Probably going into their personal collections or something but I dunno. Not my place to be nosy.
Or it might have been employees or helpers, just there to score.

Back
Top Bottom