• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quality 4 Pistol (minimum) range bag recommendations

tool box whinerbee.jpg
I bought one of these

The Midway USA range bag (the big one) when it's on sale for like $30 or $40. I got that thing stuffed with 16 pistols, 10K rounds of ammo, and all sorts of unnecessary crap, and it weighs over 100 lbs. It's got at least 100 pockets, and on top of that they give you a pocket for carrying a water bottle. Nothing else compares, and you look ghey carrying anything else.

This ^^^

Absolutely the best range bag out there today. Very well laid out, with a section for mags, two pullout sleeves for pistols, to large side pockets that work great for ears and eyes. Two end pockets and that water bottle pocket, and a ton of storage space inside.

Everything inside is 'modular too, so you can pull out pieces like the main tray, the sleeves and such to configure it anyway you want. It has a set of 'regular 'duffle-bag' handles and a very good shoulder strap as well.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939221689

Only downside is that it is expensive, but as mentioned, it can be had on sale at certain times, and I'm on year 6 for the one I have now (my first one made it 5 years).

I have a closet full of range bags and my go to is a double sided zip up tool mag with plenty of pockets/pouches in both sides, one is for pistols and their stuff and the other rifles/carbines and their stuff.

After doing some looking around to see what practical options were out there, I decided to go down the road of a hard sided case with divider panels I cut to my liking at home. I found a company out of Texas called Condition 1 that offered hard sided Pelican style cases but with off road style wheels instead of the standard hard plastic wheels found on Pelicans. After purchasing all the divider wall supplies online I had a solid configuration that can store 5+ pistols with enough room for mags, ammo, eyes and ear pro, as well as utilizing the inside lid to store pens, tools and cleaning supplies in some Vertx pouches I taped to the surface.

Attachments

• 20220411_002446_HDR(1).jpg
    20220411_002446_HDR(1).jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220411_002556_HDR.jpg
    20220411_002556_HDR.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220411_213042_HDR.jpg
    20220411_213042_HDR.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220411_213340_HDR.jpg
    20220411_213340_HDR.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 6
I use an AWP tool bag from either Lowes or HD. 4 pistols fit fine, has lots of outside slots for mags and boxes of ammo fit fine inside. Has a large, formed clam shell on one side that eye and ear plugs go info. I also have the large verson for when I talk a lot of different stuff. I look like a handyman going into the range.:D

I use an AWP tool bag from either Lowes or HD. 4 pistols fit fine, has lots of outside slots for mags and boxes of ammo fit fine inside. Has a large, formed clam shell on one side that eye and ear plugs go info. I also have the large verson for when I talk a lot of different stuff. I look like a handyman going into the range.:D

You sir, are a true operator. :biggrin1:

After doing some looking around to see what practical options were out there, I decided to go down the road of a hard sided case with divider panels I cut to my liking at home. I found a company out of Texas called Condition 1 that offered hard sided Pelican style cases but with off road style wheels instead of the standard hard plastic wheels found on Pelicans. After purchasing all the divider wall supplies online I had a solid configuration that can store 5+ pistols with enough room for mags, ammo, eyes and ear pro, as well as utilizing the inside lid to store pens, tools and cleaning supplies in some Vertx pouches I taped to the surface.

Very nice set up.

you may laugh but I bought two from walmart and theyve been fantastic. I got a large one that Ive had as many as 6 pistols,ammo,eyes and ears,etc and a smaller one for quick trips. My daughter liked the big bag so much I bought her one. Theyre on the website and was shipped in two days. Ill try to find the link.
Screenshot 2022-04-13 075614.png

Back
Top Bottom