• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about birdshot - research

Being that it's your story that you're writing, it kind of depends on what YOU want to happen.

The woman would likely not be struck if she was not in the line of fire. You could change that, if you want, by having the shooter, person shot, and the woman more in line. Then she could get splattered with blood, and possibly some shot. Shot could also ricochet off a heavy pot on the table top and strike her as well. A few pellets, or a lot, depending on your story. She could be slightly injured or seriously injured.

You could have the victim killed nearly instantly, which is possible with a shotgun blast from 20' away, depending on where the blast struck him (neck, for instance). You could also have him come away uninjured if he was sitting in a heavy wooden chair that was angled away from the table, so its back was to the shooter (the chair could stop the blast, or weaken it enough he survives - especially if he's wearing heavy clothing, like a leather jacket). He may have turned his chair to put on shoes, for instance. Likewise, a wooden back chair may weaken the blast so that's he's seriously injured, but not killed outright. Then he could live or die, depending on how you want it to go. There are a lot of variables you could play with.

Good luck with your story!

When-Something-Blows-Your-Mind.gif

If the guy gets hit with the birdshot he will likely live to say something it just depends on where he gets hit. If one guy gets shot in the Carotid artery with number four turkey shot he's likely going to die in a few minutes.

I've actually seen people shot with a shotgun.....It ain't pretty...especially up close. Even a 410 is bad news in close quarters. I've seen them survive, but have to have multiple surgeries. Without immediate medical care they wouldn't make it. I saw the MRI on one guy that still had lots of shot in him. Barely missed an artery

Back
Top Bottom