Question about Brass

Given enough time nickel cases will split. No other reason to not load them. Nickel rifle brass cannot be annealed and will only net a few loadings before the necks go. Just don't invest time in case prep on those. Load and go.

Just a FYI.
as far as I know all the available ALUMINUM cased ammo will be berdan primed , so likely you aren't going to be able to load those even if you try on conventional reloading equipment.
simply look into the spend case, if you see two holes for the primer instead of one then by practical standards its not reloadable.
I use Nickle cases in all my 38 Super loads as it makes them easy to find when mixed in with spend 9 MM brass and I have about average life span on them with fairly stout loading..

The Blazer brass is Berdan primed, he will know what it is as soon as he bends a decapping pin.

I like nickel brass, just because it looks so nice. The nickle will start spalling off eventually, but it's cosmetic. The nickle makes the cases slicker so they move through the action a little smoother. I'm not saying it's a big thing, but it's a thing.

The Blazer brass is Berdan primed, he will know what it is as soon as he bends a decapping pin.

Do you mean blazer alum is berdan primed? Most of what i load is blazer brass and its good stuff, all boxer primed.. i have had some tul brass end up in bought brass that i didnt catch that was berdan primed though. Tought me to check the inside of all new brass along with the outside

I don't use much factory ammo, and not much 9MM. But the aluminum casings I've seen have "NR" stamped on the bottom. This is a tell-tail sign for "not reloadable". Not that you can trust that is OK without an "NR" stamp, but it helps filter them out.

Back
Top Bottom