• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about story on AJC/WSB...

Discharging a BB gun is illegal in the City of Atlanta. That still doesn't make it a firearm. Same goes for shooting a bow and arrow in my backyard. I suspect this is the case in many other municipalities.

In Coweta County it's illegal to shoot BB gun, pellet gun, crossbow, bow & arrow or anything that launches any type of projectile capable of causing bodily harm within 300 yards of a neighbors property line (not house but property line) unless you have permission from the property owners. We had a problem in our neighborhood years ago with an idiot shooting at peoples critters.

In Coweta County it's illegal to shoot BB gun, pellet gun, crossbow, bow & arrow or anything that launches any type of projectile capable of causing bodily harm within 300 yards of a neighbors property line (not house but property line) unless you have permission from the property owners. We had a problem in our neighborhood years ago with an idiot shooting at peoples critters.

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!! .... this is quite a shock to me and would outlaw me from doing anything projectilewize ;(

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!! .... this is quite a shock to me and would outlaw me from doing anything projectilewize ;(

Unless things have changed in the last 10 years, this is what I was able to find out about the counties ordanances. The jerk that was shooting around here shot somebodies pooch and a neighbor saw me in the yard holding an electric drill about to loan it to a friend, told the dog owner I had a gun in my hand and the next thing I know I have a deputy in my driveway! That deputy is now a good friend of mine, hahaha! I was in the backyard when the shot was fired but I wasn't the one who shot the dog. We found out a week or two later who did it, a 12 year old kid! His parents were idiots for giving him a .22 rifle and not supervising him with it.

Strange story. Wonder if that guy has some mental issues? The story didn't say if he was going to be tested,hope so.

But the real story here is that I can choose between 400 nissans at sutherlin, don't know if there is more story but after the 2nd commercial in 20 seconds, backed out of it.

thx for the intel.. i guess all those mexicans on my neighbors roof with nail guns are breaking the law. I better let them know...

Work in the area of convicted felons and the Superior Court System. Air rifle, bb gun, pellet gun, paintball gun, etc...not considered a firearm by state and federal law. A firearm by law is an instrument that uses a combustible or electrical charge to project a projectile. So..weapon yes...firearm no.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom