• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question: Dynamic competition for .22 handgun?

importfighter01

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
144   0
Reaction score
ODT'ers! I need your help.

First, I ask that you please refrain from saying "You are not smart for carrying x handgun". There are a lot of personal reasons involved. I pocket carry a .22 revolver. It is a S&W 43c. Yes it is the same size as a 642, but I need to carry .22. Again, personal reasons.

My quandary is this: In IDPA, .22 cal firearms are not allowed. Pocket holsters are not allowed. I understand why. I feel bad going to a competition to shoot a course of fire only to be a non-scorer that people have to paste up targets for. I have enjoyed shooting IDPA, and would like to continue a form of dynamic competition with my 43c drawing from a pocket holster. So the question is this: is there any type of dynamic competition out there that will allow me to shoot my .22 43c revolver from concealment in a pocket holster? And if not from a pocket holster, from concealment (I can get a fobus holster for that if needed)? And if not from concealment a dynamic competition that will allow my 43c without getting the stink eye?

Thanks!

You'll likely have to find some kind of outlaw match that has a rimfire division if you want to shoot for any type of score.

The RBGC Action Pistol match allows rimfire. No pocket holsters. They also don't draw on the clock as all stages start low ready.

Check if any indoor ranges near you run any sort of matches.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom