• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for those that travel w firearms often

Indirect Fire

Default rank <4000 posts
March or die...
47   0
Reaction score
Going to Texas for a spell and taking firearms with me to train with. Then heading to Houston to fly to a country I am forbidden to take my own weapons.

Options for storage of weapons left.
Can a gunshop store them for a fee or would a safety deposit box broken down be better? Are there any other options anyone knows of. I'm thinking the gunshop route will require a FFL transaction. Not a biggie but a PIA.
Any clues or ideas?

safety deposit box in a bank would work for a handgun. Most banks in my area have no gun policy. Not sure if they prohibit anything in deposit boxes, but how would they ever know?

Bringing a particular firearm that I cant rent. I was thinking safety depoist box would hold dissaembled rifle and pistol cased properly. But the gunsmith idea sounds reasonable, it will be roughly 3-4 weeks and I have done that locally while working out of town. Could careless about bank policy.

You can pawn a handgun or long gun out of state and have no problem redeeming them. Just borrow a hundred bucks and $125 to redeem. Just be sure that you get approvals immediately when you run a 4473 otherwise you may have to wait 7 days or . . . .. I get delayed EVERY time so this is not an option for me. I, however, would just produce my FFL and cheat a little. :)

Back
Top Bottom