• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question on carring at church

Kevps257

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
23   0
Reaction score
Ive got my 2 kids in a pre K program at a church and was wondering when I go pick them up can I carry outside my vehicle without entering the church?

Since you can't lawfully carry in schools or churches, you are under the guidelines of both. Do you know the laws regarding carrying in or around schools and churches?

If you have a GFL you can carry to and from while in your vehicle. I am not sure if a church pre k is the same as a government run school. Contact Protective Measures. He knows it inside and out. He should be able to help you out.

Go to GeorgiaCarry.org, if you live in GA, and read up on the latest laws regarding carrying. In GA, they changed for the better last summer. Don't rely on someone else's assumption for this type of stuff. Know the law in your state. In GA, it's now legal to carry in your car in a Church parking lot. Still can't carry inside a Church.

Oh, and from what I've read, you DON'T need a GWL to carry in your car anywhere. You only need a GWL if you want to carry on your person.

Go to GeorgiaCarry.org, if you live in GA, and read up on the latest laws regarding carrying. In GA, they changed for the better last summer. Don't rely on someone else's assumption for this type of stuff. Know the law in your state. In GA, it's now legal to carry in your car in a Church parking lot. Still can't carry inside a Church.

Oh, and from what I've read, you DON'T need a GWL to carry in your car anywhere. You only need a GWL if you want to carry on your person.

That's why when we discuss these matters in class, we don't "assume" anything.

We cover this & other related topics thoroughly & either give out copies of the actual statutes or at least reference the appropriate websites so that students can read these laws for themselves.

As mentioned, GeorgiaCarry.org is a very good resource on these matters that anyone who carries should familiarize themselves with, as well as the codes on Use of Deadly Force.

You will only get "one shot" to get it right on both issues in/and after a lethal encounter & ignorance usually proves to be an inadequate defense in the eyes of the judicial system.

You need your GWL to car carry on campus.

Back
Top Bottom