Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
What's a fair price for a used regular cab, 2-wheel drive, 4-cylinder pickup, 20-ish years old, that runs fine but had body damage?

No glass is broken. The doors still work and keep the rain out. All the lights and turn signals work. But it's been sideswiped once and backed-into once, so it's surely not worth fixing.

As a "second car" to keep for emergencies, OR as a utility truck to haul lumber and bags of gardening supplies back from Home Depot, when you can't put it in your sedan and your wife won't let you use her SUV for hauling supplies, what's Fair Market private-sale value?

Way to many factors to consider. If it were me l would get a small trailer for the suv. No extra insurance and maintenance. When you buy a $1000 dollar vehicle you have (most of the time) a unreliable vehicle

ANY truck that runs and drives without smoking, knocking or skipping is worth a minimum of a thousand. Doesn't even matter what make and model. Granted any body damage is a take away. But if that body damage is cosmetic with no effect on function then I say its still worth a thousand.

Trucks are crazy expensive these days.Even the well worn trucks are expensive. That's why I've never had any probe selling a truck no matter what year brand or even mileage. No matter how beat up or ugly YOU may think it is I garuntee you somebody needs it right now.

ANY truck that runs and drives without smoking, knocking or skipping is worth a minimum of a thousand. Doesn't even matter what make and model. Granted any body damage is a take away. But if that body damage is cosmetic with no effect on function then I say its still worth a thousand.

Trucks are crazy expensive these days.Even the well worn trucks are expensive. That's why I've never had any probe selling a truck no matter what year brand or even mileage. No matter how beat up or ugly YOU may think it is I garuntee you somebody needs it right now.

Boom..... and cargo vans

Back
Top Bottom