• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question on SilencerShop process

I was thinking about 46M for a Henry X in 44mag. I have an AAC TiRant45; but don't know how it would do on a rifle. It is out of the question on 44 pistol. I hunt with a Harvester 300 since the Omega 300 was just coming out and not in stock anywhere. I waited 13 months back then for the privilege of using them.

I have an AAC Ti-rant45 in jail. It's going to live on my Hipoint 4595.. Because I'm a poor, but I have spoke with AAC and they say it is awesome on a 300blk with subs. So if I ever buy a 300blk ill use it on that as well.

I got the can for $400 new OTD. Someone at stoddards F'ed up and priced it wrong. I bought and paid for it before they caught it!

From what I read online the Ti-rant is still one of the bench mark 45cal cans on the market. Mine is the older model not the "M" model.

My TiRant45 has a born on date of 2015. It has seen its share of pew, pew, pew over the years. They sound great wet; BUT are a huge mess to clean afterwards. Plus you will be covered in a lot of little black specks everywhere. My Harvester is even older and has spent a lot of time in the woods with great success! I don't miss the BOOM and ringing after a shot.

I hear using wire pulling gel does even better than water. Have you tried anything other than water?

I'm not sure when mine was made but the Ser. # is 16514... If that means anything. It was a new, old stock item.

I hear using wire pulling gel does even better than water. Have you tried anything other than water?

I'm not sure when mine was made but the Ser. # is 16514... If that means anything. It was a new, old stock item.

It all has about the same effect, wire pulling gel evaporates making it less mess. Honestly, just spitting in it works well. But works best is coming up with quiet reload recipes and forget the mess of wetting a can.

It all has about the same effect, wire pulling gel evaporates making it less mess. Honestly, just spitting in it works well. But works best is coming up with quiet reload recipes and forget the mess of wetting a can.
Yeah, I’ll probably only shoot it wet just to try it a few times. Mostly will run dry!

Running wet really only impacts the first (and occasionally a couple of subsequent) rounds fired. Unless you're out on an assignment (IYKWIMAITTYD) that first round pop's no real biggie.

Honestly, just spitting in it works well.
1712940996543.gif

Back
Top Bottom