Question regarding Trespassers!!!

mr.bearclaw

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
13   0
Reaction score
Hey,
I own about 200 acres about thirty minutes outside of Columbus. Well, I am surrounded by hunting clubs and did not have a problem with it until I started noticing signs of trespassing. And to make it worse I have had a deer blind, a very nice trail camera, and three nice camping chairs stolen off the property. How do I go about making sure this don't happen again? And, What are the laws or guidelines for posting trespassing signs? Thanks guys.

I would talk to local LE and the Game Warden and give them unfettered access to drop in. As far as theft, that's going to be hard as heck to control, I'm afraid.

If you own the property you can put signs anyway, Period! There effectiveness however is do be determined. but, I would defiantly agree on talking to the game warden and allow him access to the property to help you regulate.

put out an item that would be tempting to a trespassing thief(nice deer stand, blind, ect.) near the property line where you think the offenders are coming, and place a well hidden trail cam to catch them in the act.

use old game cameras as bait. Hide the real ones real well where you can maybe get Vehicle/quad pics when they take down the bait cameras. I own land as well and nothing pisses me off more than people trespassing...

You need some feeders with a LoJack!

It has been done! Not sure of cost but you could get a gps and hide it inside a nice stand and go right to them. Read a story somewhere awhile back where someone was having your problem and thats what they did. Guess it depends on price and just how bad you wanna catch them.

Back
Top Bottom