• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

question

Depends on the stock, some will hold up to baking on Ceracoat, some wont. Usually it’s ok unless it is some weird blend of polymers.
I think Cerakote works great/better on metal but for stock work I prefer polane or duracoat.

Depends on the stock, some will hold up to baking on Ceracoat, some wont. Usually it’s ok unless it is some weird blend of polymers.
I think Cerakote works great/better on metal but for stock work I prefer polane or duracoat.
I’ve seen some last 8 years plus and look fantastic and others not make it 2 years and start wearing off.
Having a person who does good work is obviously a plus 👍

Yes, cerakote works great on synthetic same as it does metal. Only difference is with metal you're protecting against rust and corrosion but on a synthetic stock it's just purely cosmetic.

If it's dirty, just clean it with any common cleaner or degreaser. Sure you can rattle can it and make it looks great but then your hoppes#9 will soften and melt that paint right off. With cerakote you can hose that bad boy down with brake cleaner if you want with no issues. Try that with spray paint and you'll have a huge sticky mess.

Been doing synthetic pistol frames and rifle stocks for 6 year and never a complaint of any issues. It's not bullet proof, if will scratch off if you drag it across rocks or take any abrasive to it but it should never peel or flake off on its own, it's a solid permanent bond.

Some recent projects with synthetic and plastic stocks/frames.
FB_IMG_1652547942358.jpg
FB_IMG_1652547933646.jpg
FB_IMG_1652547949144.jpg
FB_IMG_1652547954972.jpg
FB_IMG_1652547979545.jpg

Yes, cerakote works great on synthetic same as it does metal. Only difference is with metal you're protecting against rust and corrosion but on a synthetic stock it's just purely cosmetic.

If it's dirty, just clean it with any common cleaner or degreaser. Sure you can rattle can it and make it looks great but then your hoppes#9 will soften and melt that paint right off. With cerakote you can hose that bad boy down with brake cleaner if you want with no issues. Try that with spray paint and you'll have a huge sticky mess.

Been doing synthetic pistol frames and rifle stocks for 6 year and never a complaint of any issues. It's not bullet proof, if will scratch off if you drag it across rocks or take any abrasive to it but it should never peel or flake off on its own, it's a solid permanent bond.

Some recent projects with synthetic and plastic stocks/frames. View attachment 4288430View attachment 4288432View attachment 4288433View attachment 4288434View attachment 4288435
Best answer and fantastic craftsmanship!!!!

Some recent projects with synthetic and plastic stocks/frames. View attachment 4288430View attachment 4288432View attachment 4288433View attachment 4288434View attachment 4288435
Damn I need the barrel and receiver of my Model Seven done. But…..I have to buy gas instead. One day.

Back
Top Bottom