• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Quick cleaning question

How about using copper or bronze wool to polish - the metals are softer than steel and less likely to scratch but still strong enough to remove grit/grime/lead.

Flitz polish on soft rag will get rid of it. Mother's metal polish works really well, too. Don't use either if it is a matte stainless. Be sure to swab out the chambers really well afterward.

X2 on the Flitz, only place I found it was Ebay or True value hardware

Flitz polish on soft rag will get rid of it. Mother's metal polish works really well, too. Don't use either if it is a matte stainless. Be sure to swab out the chambers really well afterward.

The "Lead Away" Cloths work, as does the Flitz or Mother's Mag Polish...being a fundamentally LAZY sort--I TELL people I'd rather work SMART than work HARD--what I do is SOAK the whole cylinder assembly in a Peanut Butter Jar full of Hoppe's #9 for a day or two, and then use a Brass or Bronze "Toothbrush" on the Cylinder Face...ends up looking "Good as New"...FWIW, do NOT use regular Steel Wool on a STAINLESS gun--microscopic particles of steel wool will "Imbed" in the surface of the Stainless Steel and RUST...ask me how I KNOW...HTH....mikey357

I've been shooting my 29 quite a bit lately and I've found that a product called "WIPE-OUT and PATCH-OUT" seems to work quickly and without a lot of bronze brushing.

Back
Top Bottom