• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quickest Way To Trim Brass

Guthrie

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
71   0
Reaction score
I got a lee deluxe quick trim and it seems pretty quick but i have nothing to compare it to. Whats the quickest way you've found to trim brass?

Giraud trimmer. Trims to length, chamfers & deburs in one operation. 1,000 pieces per hour is possible.

Works off shoulder so not recommended for precision rifle loading of mixed brass.

Got a WTF 2. It’s great. And I keep it around.

As stated it’s good for plinking brass but to much handling brass.

After trimming I would run the cases through tumbler. Wet or dry. Knocks the burrs off the outside. Then I used to run a Lyman my die through the neck when loading. Knocks the burrs off. Saves the chamfer deburr step.

I also purchased a couple different end mill bits off eBay. The one that comes with the trimmer is crap. Dulls quickly.

Got a WTF 2. It’s great. And I keep it around.

As stated it’s good for plinking brass but to much handling brass.

After trimming I would run the cases through tumbler. Wet or dry. Knocks the burrs off the outside. Then I used to run a Lyman my die through the neck when loading. Knocks the burrs off. Saves the chamfer deburr step.

I also purchased a couple different end mill bits off eBay. The one that comes with the trimmer is crap. Dulls quickly.
100% I have a wft 2 with about 6-7 inserts. I sprang for the carbide end mill quickly. I have over 7k pieces of brass trimmed on the carbide end mill so far...still super fast and sharp.

WFT trimmer for me, fast but you still have to chamfer and deburr, use for plinking .223. Mines mounted in a Delta drill press. Lee quick trim die for precision stuff.
I use mine in my wood lathe, quick enough. Put the chamfer/bevel tool in the lathe as well. As Palmettomoon says above, the giraud is probably best, but at this point the WFT is a sunk cost and is good enough.

Back
Top Bottom