• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quiz on Weight of Sign

Is it legal to carry beyond this sign?

• yes, certainly. Signs on private property have no force of law

Votes: 65 61.9%
  • yes, but only outside of the building(s).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think yes, but the law is less than clear.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I think yes, but it depends on facts and circumstances not stated here yet.

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Marvin says to Vincent: "Man, I don't even have an opinion!"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think NO, its not legal, but I could be wrong on the law.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I think No, but I cant be sure without more facts and circumstances.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • No, it is not legal to carry.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • You can carry a sack of tacos past that sign, no problemo senior.

Votes: 13 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AAnd there are probably 50 different ways to get onto this campus property, and not all of those ways have clearly marked signs telling you that you're about to enter a university campus.

So one of us could find ourselves in this situation... we see the sign, but mistake it for a regular private proprty facility where signs themselves have no force of law.

for that picture and circumstance the answer is YES i think ? you could even open carry but if you were asked to leave then you would have to or you would be concidered trespassing correct ? on private property signs hold no weight i learned as far as no trespassing signs even if your 100% fenced. im not sure if that applies to all signs in ga on private property but then there are other laws like you pointed out if it was a school. you stated not all entry points of that school had signs, would it not have to be 100% fenced, even if it was is there a law for how often a sign must be placed and whether it has to have the GA Code on it ? interesting all the different layers of law

it is a rule asked from the property not the law right ( not schools, thats another layer ? ) ? what about the gym or walmart etc , if it says no guns and you do it anyways would they just ask you to leave or would there be a criminal charge ? all seems so silly since you have been givven the right to carry by your county ( or is it considered state ? ) to be able to carry, i wonder if theres a federal carry liscense. Law kinda makes ur head spin !

This is why I keep a karate sword on hand. Never seen a no blades/nin-jutsu weapons sign.

Yes Sir! Just one more reason to be a ninja!!! (sorry @Paynefree you can't be one :pound:)
Never EVER seen one of these here signs...:thumb:
no ninja's.jpg

View attachment 1563370 Quiz:

See attached image of a "no weapons" (no guns) sign.

It's outdoors, at a facility that is private property, not a gov't facility.
Can a GWL licensee carry her firearm past this sign legally?

Note: The "legal" part means according to all the existing statutes of Georgia and the USA, not some mythical pie-in-the-sky alternative universe where the Second Amendment is given the meaning you think it should have.

Note: The question is not "is it a good idea?" or "is it polite?" or even "could this get me arrested by an overzealous cop." The question is about the correct application of current law. Assume the cop wont make a mistake.
10 ounces.

S. gran, I didn't post this in the section for retards like you to just spout off any dumb **** that comes into your head.

It's a legitimate poll about a real question that affects real people who carry guns in Georgia.

Now if you want to be one of those internet dumbasses that just sits in your arm chair and spew crap in other people's threads, go to the "Stupid s***" threads in the nonsense section of this forum.

You're in the gun laws section, just in case you didn't know.

The OP answered your question with this response.

Back
Top Bottom