• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rabbit Gum

Gun Nut

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
30   0
Reaction score
I haven't ran across any pics of these on here before, my son and I just recently built a few. It is a poor mans live trap. They work very well, rabbit can last for 2-3 days inside one. I check mine everyday. Works on feral cats skunks just depends on the food you put in it. If you have a skunk problem these are great. Just throw and old towel over it and you don't get sprayed then you decide what you want to do with the skunk.
IMG_0182.JPG
IMG_0183.JPG
IMG_0186.JPG
IMG_0182.JPG
IMG_0183.JPG
IMG_0186.JPG
IMG_0182.JPG
IMG_0183.JPG
IMG_0186.JPG

Bait is put in the very back. The stick with the notch is just the trigger as the rabbit bumps the stick the weight go the door falls. The fulcrum has to be in a certain position. i will try to shoot a video and post it.

I haven't ran across any pics of these on here before, my son and I just recently built a few. It is a poor mans live trap. They work very well, rabbit can last for 2-3 days inside one. I check mine everyday. Works on feral cats skunks just depends on the food you put in it. If you have a skunk problem these are great. Just throw and old towel over it and you don't get sprayed then you decide what you want to do with the skunk. View attachment 707219View attachment 707222View attachment 707224View attachment 707219 View attachment 707222View attachment 707224 View attachment 707219View attachment 707222View attachment 707224

Used to build these with my granddad when I was a little feller.....we kept about a half dozen out most of the time....used to have country fried rabbit with hot biscuits and gravy for breakfast before the school bus picked me up.

I just taught I would pass this on. Seems like the old ways are going to be forgotten. I teach my son all I can, different herbs found in the woods, easy way to find out if there is a Rattlesnake in a goffer hole how to get him out and kill him. That is easy good source of protein. Sling shots and flips. Things were way different when I was a kid my Dad died a few days before I turned 6 so Papa my Momma's Daddy taught me a lot. I could survive easy around here where I live. Wouldn't want to to old to want to but not to old to have to.

Back
Top Bottom