• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ranch rifle

300 Blackout killed the 6.8. Does the same thing, only better. I'm not saying I'm a fan of either of them, just that the 300 is better than the 6.8.

6.8 kicks 300blks ass back and forth.

Supersonic 6.8 has better energy and trajectory.

And subsonic 6.8 can still cycle a bolt in semi

Only advantage 300 has are the really heavy subs an expanding subs

6.8 kicks 300blks ass back and forth.

Supersonic 6.8 has better energy and trajectory.

And subsonic 6.8 can still cycle a bolt in semi

Only advantage 300 has are the really heavy subs an expanding subs

300 is supposedly quieter too, although you works probably know more about that than me. And uses standard mags and bolts. Maybe some advantages in shorter barrels.

I don't own nfa so you'll have to school me on suppressed and sbr performance.

I haven't heard 6.8 subsonic loads, but don't see why it would be any louder than 300 except for the difference in bore clearance that may let more gas escape around the 6.8.

And both 6.8 and 300blk are decent in short barrels since they pic up more of their velocity early in the barrel unlike 556 which has pretty high pressure up until around 14", from what I've seen.

The 6.8 is marginally better than the 300 Blackout with the same weight bullet, but the ability of the 300 to use much heavier bullets gives it the edge in my opinion. Also, the fact that it was specifically designed for subsonic use doesn't hurt at all.

bal.jpg

Again, I'm not a fan of either of them. If I want something harder hitting than the 223, I'm going right to the 308.

The 6.8 is marginally better than the 300 Blackout with the same weight bullet, but the ability of the 300 to use much heavier bullets gives it the edge in my opinion. Also, the fact that it was specifically designed for subsonic use doesn't hurt at all.

View attachment 280151

Again, I'm not a fan of either of them. If I want something harder hitting than the 223, I'm going right to the 308.

Bi the wound profiles from 6.8 are impressive if you get the chance to see it.

I just wish a company would produce a heavy subsonic 6.8 since hand loading is the only option, kind of crazy no one knows you can launch a nearly 200gr sub that cycles from a 6.9

Bi the wound profiles from 6.8 are impressive if you get the chance to see it.

I just wish a company would produce a heavy subsonic 6.8 since hand loading is the only option, kind of crazy no one knows you can launch a nearly 200gr sub that cycles from a 6.9

If you maximize energy for each round and use the right bullet design, wound profiles are nearly identical out to a bit more than 100 yards. Bullet choice is what makes the difference. You can load two different bullets into the exact same round and get dynamically different wound profiles.

Back
Top Bottom