• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ranch rifle

Bi the wound profiles from 6.8 are impressive if you get the chance to see it.

I just wish a company would produce a heavy subsonic 6.8 since hand loading is the only option, kind of crazy no one knows you can launch a nearly 200gr sub that cycles from a 6.9

That's what I meant by devastating, the 6.8 has a nasty wound profile. I've only shot 2 dear with it and both of them drop like a sack of potatoes the exit wound was pretty impressive to me

You guys that love the 6.8 over the 300. When was the last time you shot a deer with a 150 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip from the 300 BO?

Just shot a 300 and 6.8 side by side this weekend and the 6.8 has way more power. This wasn't a scientific test or anything just a couple of opinions from some rednecks shooting.

Have killed deer with both the 300 and the 6.8 over the last few years and only hunt with the 6.8 now. The 300 did the job well enough to get the job done (124 ballistic tips), but the 6.8 dropped every deer in it's tracks (120 Hornady SST). The 300 killed every deer that we shot with it, they just ran fro 20 to 100 yards where the deer shot with the 6.8 were all DRT.

Not very scientific and for sure not using any ballistic charts or anything, just what I personally have experienced. To call one round better for hunting deer than the other is a waste of time as far as I'm concerned, they both have their place and will do the job. If you start arguing which is better for deer, the 6.8 or the 300BO you should throw in the 7.62X39 just for fun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom