• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Range etiquette question.

Groupons are the devil on a range. I'm all about getting folks into shooting, but they wanna try shooting like John Wick and hit the walls, floors, and celings. My range folks try to let me know when such things are hapening and I don't go. I'm not sure how I'll react to having a gun pointed at me.

Never had a gun pointed at me thank God and like you I don't know how I would react.

Good God man, where are you shooting? LOL!

I used to shoot at Bulls Eye that's my favorite range, before it burned down, the people there treat me good, but recently before they closed I was going to Main Street Firearms. Good range but the area feels dangerous, so I keep my ankle gun on at all times.

I'm going to hit this again because it's still hapening, even worse now. I was windage zeroing my new scope and sure enough......bam. Stall next to me pulls out a scope and mount and spends almost 5 minutes trying to get it installed......backwards. He keeps trying to look through it then looks at me over and over again before speaking up. The scope was a 30 dollar special, including the mount from ebay, that was bought to look cool, or so I was told. After doing all I could with it, his setup just wouldn't work together as he had it. I suggested a flat top AR mount with an offset.

Next was two lanes down, same day, proceeded to shoot his target hanger down.....twice. Singles me out and asks me to look at his gun to see why he can't hit anything. He has an AR pistol with.....wait for it, no sights. None, no irons no optic, nothing. I show him the sign on the wall that says no guns without sights.

Next day, someone tries to low crawl 5 feet forward of the firing line after a magazine.

Can we make a wall of shame for range antics?

tenor.gif

Wasn't there a member here complaining about shooters going prone at the range?

Back
Top Bottom