• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rant: Research something before you ask for it

parolebear

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
216   0
Reaction score
Not this site!!!! I had a guy asking for a Colt or Smith 1917 .45 acp DA. I responded that I had a Smith that I might trade (sell if price was right). He asked for pictures, questions of Brazilian or not. I explained that I had one of each, sent pictures of each, serial numbers, born on dates, good and bad. He said he wanted the 1919 commercial S&W 1917, he said he would trade me a Uberti SAA clone in 45LC, when I asked did he mean even his response was "yes". Being that I am a smart a--, I told him I needed pictures so I could see how many $100 bills were rolled into each cylinder. His response was that was an even trade, a little research might reveal that a S&W 1917 or even a Colt 1917 has never been an even trade for a Uberti. He then asked for a cash price, knowing how well this conversation was going I quoted $900.00 which IMHO is not out of the range (little high) for an original S&W 1917 commercial in mid 80% condition. He then called me a smart a-- (which already knew). I told him a local store that had 2-Colt's and a S&W Brazilian, no response from my kind deed. Thanks for the rant.

Back
Top Bottom