• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you warranty or allow returns on items you sell?

Do you warranty a gun you sell?

• Yes. Give me a taco

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • No, I want a Taco anyway!

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • Depending on the taco

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters
I've never had a complaint about anything I sold. I did have a young man a few years back that developed sellers remorse. I bought an 870 from him for a fair price. A few days later he called and said he wished he hadn't of sold it. His dad had given it to him. I told him to come get it. He even paid me back for the gas I had used driving to buy it in the first place.
It was worth it to see his eyes light up when he got it back. I might be a sap but it made me feel good.

I’ve never offered a warranty on a used gun and never will, but I’ve also never had someone contact me after a sale to say I sold them something that was broken. But I suppose, depending on the circumstances, I might consider undoing a transaction if someone I sold to said the gun was broke. It would depend on the circumstances, how well I knew the gun and its history, and whether the trading partner had enough time and feedback for me to trust them.

Nah, caveat emptor and all that. If what I am selling is used I state that it's used. If the buyer gets home and immediately notices something major I'll work with them. But if it's like a month out and something weird happens, sorry but that's the risk of buying used. I'll add I've never had that happen here with a firearm. I'm talking more like vehicles/boats, things like that.

Last year I sold a boat on FB Marketplace and 6 months later the guy was messaging me because he'd overheated it. I was like dude... 🤷‍♂️

Another time I sold a 22 year old Jeep, also on the FB. The guy messaged me a few months later because the battery had died... Again, dude 🤷‍♂️

Not only no, but hell no. I represent my items honestly, your job is to inspect before buying/trading. Once that deal is done it's absolutely done.

My business is different, products and services sold through my business have various levels of warranty.

But buying and trading as a hobby, hell no. Once a deal is done it's done.

Nah, caveat emptor and all that. If what I am selling is used I state that it's used. If the buyer gets home and immediately notices something major I'll work with them. But if it's like a month out and something weird happens, sorry but that's the risk of buying used. I'll add I've never had that happen here with a firearm. I'm talking more like vehicles/boats, things like that.

Last year I sold a boat on FB Marketplace and 6 months later the guy was messaging me because he'd overheated it. I was like dude... 🤷‍♂️

Another time I sold a 22 year old Jeep, also on the FB. The guy messaged me a few months later because the battery had died... Again, dude 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I sold a GMC truck for $1500 on craigslist one time, the dude test drove it and was happy. A few days later he calls me saying his mechanic says the rear breaks are all messed up and wanted me to pay for them. He was really upset when I told him it's not my problem.

I don't understand people like that, you bought a $1500 truck dude.

I feel truly blessed. For the last 57 years, it seems I’ve managed to dodge dirtbags I didn’t realize existed. Some of y’all’s experiences selling used items are pretty mind blowing?

Fix the brakes? Wow

About 11 years ago I bought an AR off here for a "deal"... unfortunately it wasn't the first or last time I've bought something with issues but it's fair to say it was the worst....

Also found out about a month later, the previous owner knew it was broken and made a post trying to "fix" it... lol.

Screenshot_20240312_143317_Photoroom.jpg

Back
Top Bottom