• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Raquel Welch and her Cat on the Johnny Carson Show?

The skit on Raquel Welch and the cat is indeed true. I watched The Johnny Carson Show religiously. The response from Johnny came immediately and blew me away. I think Raquel was trying to "off the script" put Johnny on the spot and he immediately turned the table. She seemed both caught by surprise and a bit embarrassed but tried to play it cool. It was some kind of exotic cat. I am not sure of country of origin.
She sued him and part of the settlement prohibited the tonite show from mentioning it again.
I remember once a guest brought it up and tried to get Johnny to respond. All he would would do is change the subject.

Dug this up cause was recalling the show. It was indeed on the Tonight Show and it was Raquel Welch and she did sue and there was a non disclosure and confidentiality settlement. The host was actually David Brenner who substituted for Johnny on that particular airing/episode.

I believe it went like this:

Raquel: Would you like to pet my p***y?
Brenner: Move the cat and I will!

Best Tonight Show one liner aired ever.

There's your answer.

I have seen the original clip of the Zsa Zsa Gabor and ***** cat episode. It was not Johnny Carson. It was on the Steve Allen Show in the late fifties or early sixties. Thanks.

One of the funniest Johnny Carson’s was when he had Jay Silverheels ( Tonto ) on.

Jay was showing him how to throw a tomahawk, and Jay thru it at a silhouette of a men.

It landed right between his legs, sticking straight up. Looked like a “you know what”. Jay tried to

Hurry up and grab it , but Johnny grabbed him by the arm so it would stay there.

Laughter went on for minutes. Google it, I’m sure it’s out there.

Someone started a thread today about ukuleles, which led to Tiny Tim, which then led to the Johnny Carson, and that jogged my memory as a kid as one of the funniest one liners I have ever heard on a late night talk show. Well, at least I think it happened. Now I'm not so sure.

Sometime in the early 70's I have this distinct memory of Raquel Welch appearing on the Johnny Carson show and she had a cat with her. Soon after her segment started she said to Carson, "Would you like to pet my *****". Carson very cooly and quickly replied, "Yes, move the cat". The audience went wild and you could tell Welch was not exactly happy with his quip. Of course the point could be raised this was all a planned skit. Hard to believe a woman so freaking hot at the time would say that and not expect that kind of response.

I just now spent some time searching Youtube for this clip and found nothing. Further Googling brought a bunch of hits of this episode being a complete urban legend and involving Zsa Zsa Gabor. That doesn't make sense - although Zsa Zsa was pretty in the 40s and 50s, in the 70's she was old and that skit just wouldn't have worked.

Maybe it's been so long ago my memory is too far gone to be trusted :) But my memory of this is so vivid and I remember my mother sending me to bed immediately after it happened while my Dad was laughing hysterically. I also remember talking about it to kids at school.

It kind of freaks me out to think I have this memory so clearly vivid in my mind, but there is no proof it ever happened. Do any other "old timers" remember this or am I just getting senile at 54? (probably the latter- lol).
I saw this also when it aired, trust me you remember correctly I showed the clip to my wife before the deleted it off YouTube. As for snopes they are wrong this happened I saw it you saw it and it did happen.

I think it's an urban legend, and those of you who claim to remember it and have seen it personally are probably experiencing implanted memories --having heard the story sometime in the past and imagined it in your own mind, what you are recalling now are your own imaginations, not what you actually saw .

In court "false testimony" doesn't just mean lying or perjury, it can also mean people repeating false memories.

The main reason I think this is false is because Carson's comment would be far too offensive to be released on the air for broadcast. If he had said that during the taping of a show, they would have edited it out. Stage hands, cameramen, and other assorted people who were on the set at the time may have told the story to their friends afterward,and perhaps the story circulated around the world over the next decade. It may have started from a true event that was witnessed by people but not witnessed by television viewers.

I did see a video clip online, from YouTube, where Johnny Carson had a guest who walked his or her fingers across the desk as if the two extended fingers represented legs of a person. The guest asked Johnny Carson what he thought those fingers represented, and Johnny Carson said he didn't know.
So the guest said this represents man.

Then the guest folded her two fingers into a kneeling position with the knuckles down on the desk surface.
The guest asked Johnny Carson what that represented.
Carson suggested "woman ?"
The audience roared and the guest got red in the face.

Back
Top Bottom