• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Razor vs PLx Platinum

ram 50 v8

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
29   0
Reaction score
Hello, wondering if anyone has both of these scopes, how is glass quality? Supposedly Primary Arms plx is made with same Japanese glass as Razors.

Specifically I am interested in Razor 1-10 vs PLx 1-8 SFP (comming out this year)

There are few reasons why I am leaning towards Primary Arms Platinum

1) cheaper, about 1300 vs 2200 for Razor 1-10

2) I prefer SFP for LPVO for two reasons, reticle stays the same and SFP is usually daylight bright=red dot at 1x.

3) Primary Arms PLX 1-8 is 16 ounces vs 21 ounces for the razor

4) I would rather stay with 30mm rings and not go with 34mm --- there really is no optical advantage for going 34mm, but with 30mm I get to keep my RS Regulate rings (lightest way to mount scope on AK platform --- its for Vepr Super 308)

If you have both, talk me out of Primary Arms PLX please. (I know its not out yet, but not in hurry, I can wait a bit)

Thanks

Whats reasoning behind that? I understood that sfp is less quirky and allows for better "window" than ffp
Because with SFP your holds only work at 8x. 8x is a lot of mag on a workhorse rifle because FOV is important. When you are 8x your SA and range fan are greatly diminished. If you back off to 5-6x you get your FOV back but your holds no longer work.
If you want 8x+ stick to FFP where your holds work regardless of magnification.

If you want the SFP eyebox, just buy a Kahles K16i and never look back.

Back
Top Bottom