• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RBGC 2019 Run-and-Gun (5k/10k)

We are effectively 4 weeks out! How is everyone doing? Training in the heat in kit is ideal, if you can't, fill some buckets with rocks and do some farmer's carry action or load up a ruck and get some miles in. Take 'breaks' by going back in your house/etc and doing dry fire practice with high heart rate and sweat in your eyes.

I had some family in town so I missed some days running but have made it to the club some after work and doing some sprints/pushups mixed with some 10-20 yards pistol shots.

Mounted my 1-6 on the AR this weekend so hopefully go sight it in tomorrow or Wednesday.

One month guys be ready! Train hard and br ready to run in the heat within your limits. Keep in mind this just a game while we all want to smash it there is no shame in having to walk
I sure hope there is no shame in walking cause that’s going to me about 75% of it...... if y’all see me coming in last and I look miserable and like I’m about to die just know I’m actually going to be having fun lol

I sure hope there is no shame in walking cause that’s going to me about 75% of it...... if y’all see me coming in last and I look miserable and like I’m about to die just know I’m actually going to be having fun lol

Ain't nothing wrong with Power walking, just look good doing it!

At the march RnG at RockCastle in KY, the last guy had about 30 other competitors cheering him on as he tromped up the final hill to the finish line.

You are unlikely to be slowest out there, be safe, have fun, and the learning will happen whether you want it to or not!

Ain't nothing wrong with Power walking, just look good doing it!

At the march RnG at RockCastle in KY, the last guy had about 30 other competitors cheering him on as he tromped up the final hill to the finish line.

You are unlikely to be slowest out there, be safe, have fun, and the learning will happen whether you want it to or not!
Oh I’m looking forward to it for sure!

Ran 2.0 miles non-stop in the heat on Sunday with a 20 lb vest @ a little faster than 8:30 pace. Plan on adding .25 miles to each run for the week until the event and I will be at 5K on that week. ALL my equipment is ready to go. I went all out, handpicking new equipment from socks, pants, shoes, t shirt, belts, holsters etc, all specifically chosen for the task,or at least what I believe the task to be. Its been fun getting ready for this. I have two goals...have fun, and don't be last.

Ran 2.0 miles non-stop in the heat on Sunday with a 20 lb vest @ a little faster than 8:30 pace. Plan on adding .25 miles to each run for the week until the event and I will be at 5K on that week. ALL my equipment is ready to go. I went all out, handpicking new equipment from socks, pants, shoes, t shirt, belts, holsters etc, all specifically chosen for the task,or at least what I believe the task to be. Its been fun getting ready for this. I have two goals...have fun, and don't be last.
Now I see how people see me with my 3 gun stuff lol sounds like the only time I will see you is at the start line lol

Back
Top Bottom