• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Re-Blueing Question

Where are you located? Trading Post in Newnan recommended a person to me. I don't have his info on hand but they should be able to give you his name and number. I saw a rifle he did in an older magazine article, top notch. I think he uses a technique referred to as rust bluing . Hope that helps

Unfortunately you need to provide a little more information. My shop rate (grant it MANY years ago) ranged from $75 to $400+. A typical refinish on a matte finished rifle would be much less than say an extensive amount of prep work on a hi gloss finish.

Ok, now that does help to a certain degree. Can you post a photo? If its say a 1300 pump you reasonably could get it done for +/- $125. There are options beyond hot chemical blue these days that work great. I understand there is a shop that is doing some great cerakote in your area, but if you are looking to have it returned to original I honestly will have to check with a few people for you. My shops were in Nashville Tn, and Dalton so my knowledge of shops in the metro area is lacking.

Thanks guys. I live in the Marietta area. The gun is a older Winchester shotgun that has some piting on the receiver and barrel

I had very good results a few years ago from Deer Creek. They are right near the civic center.

-Old school shop that really seems to know what they are doing. Not sure about the cost now, but the results for me were great!

I had very good results a few years ago from Deer Creek. They are right near the civic center.

-Old school shop that really seems to know what they are doing. Not sure about the cost now, but the results for me were great!

^^ This! I have heard from several people very good things about Deer Creek.

Back
Top Bottom