• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

re. open carry laws in ga

seaborn1987

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
5   0
Reaction score
I heard from the gun store I visit often that there was an open carry law in the state of Georgia. Im not confident on this and ive tried to look up and see if there was anything info on the suppose to be open carry. im not gonna do it period not until I get my carrying permit.

you can open carry as long you have a "Georgia weapons carry license". if a manager of a place of business you are in asks you to leave or put your gun away and then you can come back in, you have to leave but fear not for most places in goergia are carry friendly i find

just remember even in georgia we still have some folks who are deathly scared of guns and will question your carry so come up with a reason that will shut them up i use "i carry because criminals are rude and refuse to call before they come" and it shuts em up

I was pretty darn positive that you couldn't I just wanted to clarify the statements that the guy made at the gun store. im gonna get it as soon as I get back from surgery.

I hear ya I personally don't understand why people are scared of guns its the people that don't know what there doing with a gun therefore im a firm believer of " guns don't kill people , people kill people " and if the individual is educated on what he or she is doing then there will be no issues.

See what happened here.

This site may have saved you untold hassles and legal fees.

I suggest that you dig deep and show some financial support. Furthermore, you might want to go ahead and throw some cash out to the other site you visit too (Georgiapacking.org). LOL

I hear ya I personally don't understand why people are scared of guns its the people that don't know what there doing with a gun therefore im a firm believer of " guns don't kill people , people kill people " and if the individual is educated on what he or she is doing then there will be no issues.

One of the reasons that people are scared of guns is because there are lots of people who have no idea what the 4 cardinal rules of safe gunhandling are or if they do, don't follow them.

Some of the worst displays of that are by those who've been around them most of their lives & have lost respect for them.

On the other hand, its a pleasure being around those who have been taught properly (whether in a formal class or by their "grandpa" or whomever) & who exaggerate their motions & take extra precautions to follow all of the rules.

Last edited:
One of the reasons that people are scared of guns is because there are lots of people who have no idea what the 4 cardinal rules of safe gunhandling are or if they do, don't follow them.

Some of the worst displays of that are by those who've been around them most of their lives & have lost respect for them.

On the other hand, its a pleasure being around those who have been taught properly (whether in a formal class or by their "grandpa" or whomever) & who exaggerate their motions & take extra precautions to follow all of the rules.

I will honestly say that while some of the things my family has taught me about shooting needed tweaking, I will never forget the safety talks beat into my head from about 5yrs up.

[SIZE=+1]Rules for Safe Gun Handling[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Rule # 1: All firearms are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are. [SIZE=-1](The first words usually spoken after a negligent discharge are, “I thought it was unloaded!”)[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Rule # 2: Never allow the muzzle of your firearm to point toward anything you do not intend to kill or destroy. [SIZE=-1](For those who insist that this particular gun is unloaded, see Rule 1.)[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Rule # 3: Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are aligned with your target and you are ready to shoot. [SIZE=-1](The only way a gun will fire is by pulling the trigger.)[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Rule # 4: Be sure of your target, it's surroundings, and what's beyond it. Never shoot at anything that you have not positively identified.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE]

Back
Top Bottom