• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Read this and see if you agree. WMA issues.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
Okay, so I get to my pull of at one of the WMA's I hunt.

I pull my hunting clothes out of my box stuffed with pine branches so I smell all nice and woodsy like right?
I get dressed, get my stand ready and start spraying some things down with scent concealer and begin quietly walking into the woods when a truck pulls in behind me and two of the loudest friggin loud mouthed talkers get out of this truck with walking sticks, laughing and yapping to each other like they are 50 yards away from one another.......probably run off all the deer within a half mile radius. Dammit.

One guy says "Look!, there's something walking up the hill there"(me).... Dammit!

The other guy says " Hey buddy, you huntin up there?"

So I stop, turn around, and slowly walk towards them to see WTF they want....I don't know who they are, rangers? I don't know.
I get closer and one guy says "oh we're just going on a hike."

I say " well its archery season now so hopefully some yahoo don't mistake you for deer and shoot you, but you should have no problem since you are talking so loudly that you should not only scare all the deer away but seriously piss off any hunter within earshot."

They were like " uh, oh, we'll keep quit then.

Okay bye.. Arrg!

Should they ban all other activities during WMA hunting season?

i think they should......just waiting for an accident to happen i guess.....especially during gun season since only hunters are required to wear orange......

I would say yes...but then I can see where the non hunters would have plenty to fuss about....I will say that non hunters during deer season should wear orange regardless if hunting or not when on WMA.

we was on pinelog mt and was down a trail in our stand and i heard something comeing fast i drawed my bow back and it was a mother ****er on a bike with black speedos and a ****ing white tee shirt , son of a ***** about got an arrow i hate to hunt wma's

Public land man. Sucks, but they have as much right to be there as you do.

I think it's Smithgall State Park that allows hunting every so often. The park is basically closed when they do. I didn't even want to be there when people were hunting so I don't understand why that rule is even necessary, LOL.

Public land man. Sucks, but they have as much right to be there as you do.

I sympathize with the OP, but this is true...

If the hikers are that clueless, they are likely to run into trouble sooner or later.

Sound like a couple of "back to nature" hippies who have no idea what they are doing. Probably will stumble across a copperhead and try to take it home. That usually ends poorly.

Back
Top Bottom