• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Read this and see if you agree. WMA issues.

I say " well its archery season now so hopefully some yahoo don't mistake you for deer and shoot you, but you should have no problem since you are talking so loudly that you should not only scare all the deer away but seriously piss off any hunter within earshot."

They were like " uh, oh, we'll keep quit then.

Okay bye.. Arrg!

Should they ban all other activities during WMA hunting season?

you had no real reason to be an ass to them like you did. it is public land, supported by revenue generated from the general public. they have as much reason to be there as you.

i guess my only issue with wma's is that we hunters pay the extra money every year buying a license, to be able to use it for our purpose, as to where the general public (hikers, bird watchers, whatever) dont have to buy a special license to use it like we do.

you had no real reason to be an ass to them like you did. it is public land, supported by revenue generated from the general public. they have as much reason to be there as you.
^This. If that's even what was really said but I digress...

In my opinion all facilitys on WMA's should require a stamp and associated user fees to be paid. Just like to use the ranges there.
The burden of financing their operation falls on the backs of sportsmen and this should not be the case. All users should pay. the $19 a year for a WMA stamp. Yearly access to all that acreage for such a small fee is fair in my opinion.
Wanna use a WMA then purchase a stamp.

I guess that would be too much like right.

Already in place...dont remember what the fee is but there is one.

Yeah I guess you had to be there to hear how they drove through the main road sideways, spinning tire, slinging gravel, slamming doors, radio blasting, talking as loud as possible.
It was as if they were intent on screwing it up for hunters in the area.
They obviously saw me quietly walking up the hill and had to mess with me.

I had a good sense what they were up to, and regardless of their intentions, they were clearly yahoo jerks.

I am of the mindset that someone has to be the bad guy sometimes and say what nobody else,will....sorry I am not one of those passive types that stand by and just let assholes be assholes.

I could have scolded them for driving like drunken teenagers and got into a pissing match with grown men that should know better but I think my words and the seriousness in my eyes was enough to get the point across.
Like Neall Boortz says " Somebodys gotta say it."

If that makes me a non politically correct Jerk then so be it but I doubt that other hunters would have been as NICE as I was to them.

Last edited:
Yeah I guess you had to be there to hear how they drove through the main road sideways, spinning tire, slinging gravel, slamming doors, radio blasting, talking as loud as possible.
Funny you didn't mention that until several people disagreed with you.

The picture painted in the original post was quite different than the revised account of the experience. Either way, you are going to encounter dicks on public property, just look at how many troll around this board. The best option is usually to allow them to live out their full potential of dickery and move on.

Funny you didn't mention that until several people disagreed with you.

That's because I was busy trying to type as fast as possible while my wife was telling me lets go......had to run out the door otherwise would have typed the full version at the time.

But hey man, if you think I'm full of crap that's fine, you don't know me from Adam and this is the Internet so figured I'd share an experience with like minded individuals....whoopee......think what you want it's a free country.

Next time I'll just punch the idiots out and take video for ya.

Back
Top Bottom